DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky slowdown?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I was flying today with my Mavic 2 Pro and CS Ultra when I noticed a distinct slowdown of the response time between the CSU and the controller. I.e. the screen wasn't updating very quickly with the movement of the drone, it became jittery and I think pixelated at one point . I was only about 200 feet away as well.The battery on the CS was 13%. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not me (same CS as yours) but I've never gone below 20% bat.

I flew again tonight and it was fine. Maybe it drops to low power or something when it gets to a certain level.

Not me (same CS as yours) but I've never gone below 20% bat.
I am wondering if you can give me your view on this scenario as it may be related to problem I have. I flew again yesterday and when I took off and all the way through the first battery the response of the CS was instant. I landed and replaced the battery. ( I simply switched off the M2P replaced the battery and took off again) then when I get about 600 feet away I get this issue. If I rotate the drone at full speed the video doesn't keep up with it is either stops or jerks then when I stop and move ahead it is fine. It only seems to do this after I change a battery. Is your procedure the same as mine? Or am I doing something wrong? maybe I should turn off the controller first, replace the battery in the M2P and restart the controller? I am just trying to pin this down....also when I installed my Mavic Pro Platinum on my CS I am sure it checked the batteries firmware but I don't think it did when I changed to the M2P...

When changing either battery, I always do a complete shut down. I also make sure there are no other programs running in the background (using up available memory) on the CS. And not just a reboot but a complete shut down and restart. I’ve found that doing a simple restart rather than a shut down and restart leaves a copy of Go4 (or Litchi) in the background. For example, if I’m using Litchi and land and do a restart and then run Go4 I end up with Go4 in the foreground and Litchi still in memory in the background! If I do a complete shut down and restart, then load Go4, there is no Litchi in the background.

But to be honest, I have no idea if that would be causing your problem. ?

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Oh!!! I think I have stumbled on the problem. I was flying out of my garden and had the Wifi turned on the CS Ultra. When i was ascending at full blast the screen was skipping like blazes. I then did a rotation and it was terrible, staggering all the time. I pressed the centre menu button and turned off the wifi (which was obviously connected to my home network as well), and as soon as I turned off the wifi the CS was perfect. I now realise that I had the Wifi turned on previously as well. Let's hope that may have been the problem ...

When changing either battery, I always do a complete shut down. I also make sure there are no other programs running in the background (using up available memory) on the CS. And not just a reboot but a complete shut down and restart. I’ve found that doing a simple restart rather than a shut down and restart leaves a copy of Go4 (or Litchi) in the background. For example, if I’m using Litchi and land and do a restart and then run Go4 I end up with Go4 in the foreground and Litchi still in memory in the background! If I do a complete shut down and restart, then load Go4, there is no Litchi in the background.

But to be honest, I have no idea if that would be causing your problem. ?
Sorry just to clarify "either battery" meaning the CS Battery as well as M2P battery?
I have to say I totally get your idea of total restart as in reboot the CS as you never know what is still running in the background. I remember when I put the Go4 app on an Ipad even though the app was shutdown it still flattened the battery. The only way to close it properly was to power off the ipad or go into apps and "force stop"

Sorry just to clarify "either battery" meaning the CS Battery as well as M2P battery?
I have to say I totally get your idea of total restart as in reboot the CS as you never know what is still running in the background. I remember when I put the Go4 app on an Ipad even though the app was shutdown it still flattened the battery. The only way to close it properly was to power off the ipad or go into apps and "force stop"
Yes, both bats, CS and drone

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98