DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky Ultra Weird happening...

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I received my new Ultra yesterday and did the appropriate updates. and off I went. Everything was fine fr about 15 mins and I was taking videos and still images (Manual) with an ND8cp filter. Then I started to yaw and noticed that the picture on my screen was tilting with the yaw. It was doing it all the time left or right as if the gimbal had failed to correct the yaw, yet when flying at normal attitude the video was still stable. When I landed I recalibrated the compass on the MPP and the CS (which I didn't do before I flew with the CS). Has anyone experienced this. When I landed, rebooted the gimbal was fine in my hand.
One other point, I noticed when I tried to calibrate the compass that it finished at about 180 degrees rotation in the second vertical step. I noticed in the last firmware list of tweaks this was one of them. Has any got this problem as it does it every time.

I received my new Ultra yesterday and did the appropriate updates. and off I went. Everything was fine fr about 15 mins and I was taking videos and still images (Manual) with an ND8cp filter. Then I started to yaw and noticed that the picture on my screen was tilting with the yaw. It was doing it all the time left or right as if the gimbal had failed to correct the yaw, yet when flying at normal attitude the video was still stable. When I landed I recalibrated the compass on the MPP and the CS (which I didn't do before I flew with the CS). Has anyone experienced this. When I landed, rebooted the gimbal was fine in my hand.
One other point, I noticed when I tried to calibrate the compass that it finished at about 180 degrees rotation in the second vertical step. I noticed in the last firmware list of tweaks this was one of them. Has any got this problem as it does it every time.
Not sure, but is this because you have set the quad to fly in "FPV Mode" versus "Follow Mode"? On the Go 4 app, go to the 3 dots in upper right hand corner of screen. Then touch the bottom icon which has the gimbal settings. The first setting is the "Follow Mode" and "FPV Mode". Follow Mode will keep the gimbal level while flying and the FPV Mode the gimbal will yaw with the quad making it look like you are in an airplane. Hope that this is your situation.

Not sure, but is this because you have set the quad to fly in "FPV Mode" versus "Follow Mode"? On the Go 4 app, go to the 3 dots in upper right hand corner of screen. Then touch the bottom icon which has the gimbal settings. The first setting is the "Follow Mode" and "FPV Mode". Follow Mode will keep the gimbal level while flying and the FPV Mode the gimbal will yaw with the quad making it look like you are in an airplane. Hope that this is your situation.
You make a very good point... truth is I don't know. How would I find this (if I can) in the flight log? That would explain it if it was the case. It would be nice to know because I am thinking it was another scenario when you try taking videos and photos in succession. I had a situation a while back where i was recording video and pressing the picture button. I thought it may snapshot th picture whilst recording. I discovered it didn't in a bad way as the screen suddenly went black so all I could see were the icons with no background video. After I landed and restarted, ll was fine. I figured this maybe because of a lag saving the video while I was trying to save a photo as well. So now I am careful to wait a bit after recording video before I start shooting stills and vice-versa.

I have sussed it. I have my C2 button as default Follow/Fpv and I pressed it while I was flying. That's a relief. Thanks again folks as I wouldn't have been too obvious if you hadn't have mentioned FPV. I have now set it to Camera Mode.

Reactions: Ramboat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61