DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS and/or Go4 with incorrect Date & Time

You can save date and time in settings.
Yup, I have done that, also have auto time & date selected. Here is the issue, power up CS while connected to wifi the T&D is correct. Shut off wifi on CS, remove Battery ( simulated out in the field with no wifi connection ) re-install battery > Power up CS (wifi shut off) > CS shows T&D as 0305 and the date as 1/21/2013. I have to connect wifi via mobile hotspot in the field to get correct T&D. Almost seems like there is no internal battery in the CS to remember T&D but yet they say we can hot swap batteries while in flight if required.

Ok...I have not had a problem with that. When I first got mind it for some reason set time an hour off. I think due to confusion with daylight savings time but, once corrected battery in battery out it keeps the time when repowered up correctly . You may have a problem with the unit.

Yup, I have done that, also have auto time & date selected. Here is the issue, power up CS while connected to wifi the T&D is correct. Shut off wifi on CS, remove Battery ( simulated out in the field with no wifi connection ) re-install battery > Power up CS (wifi shut off) > CS shows T&D as 0305 and the date as 1/21/2013. I have to connect wifi via mobile hotspot in the field to get correct T&D. Almost seems like there is no internal battery in the CS to remember T&D but yet they say we can hot swap batteries while in flight if required.

How do you see the status of the internal battery? They gave me a new CS because I could not make the battery hot swap.

My problem:
IMG_0106.jpg

How do you see the status of the internal battery? They gave me a new CS because I could not make the battery hot swap.

On this page the internal battery status will say "good" and the batttery icon will be fully filled with black bars

Thanks, mine is showing the same as your did. Is the only fix sending it in for exchange?

It probably does need to go back, unless you can put up with the change in date and time

Thanks, mine is showing the same as your did. Is the only fix sending it in for exchange?

That internal battery is defective (or the electronics that control it). The same thing happened to me as to you with the date and time. Each time I removed the battery the CrystalSky switch out completely and the time was lost.

I had to send it twice, I had to explain to the DJI "expert" how the internal battery worked (he said that during the hot swapping, the CrystalSky was powered by the remote control ...). Finally they sent me a new CrystalSky.

Get in touch with DJI support.

Forgive my English.

Thanks all, for now I will just use the hotspot on my phone to have wifi in the field to have correct Time & Date for my logs. Will see what DJI says, I pretty much get nothing as far as support from the forum moderators, constant check this, send a screenshot of this, do that, ridiculous! This just cost them another sale as I was thinking of upgrading to the 7.85 Ultra this month. Not any more.

I noticed the time and date was reset on my Ultra but I think this happened was after a firmware upgrade, which I guess could happen.

I never store my battery in the device, I always remove it when packing up after each flight.

If I go to the same menu screen, my Internal Battery status says "good".

The battery lasts so long, I've never seen a need to try the hotswap!

I noticed the time and date was reset on my Ultra but I think this happened was after a firmware upgrade, which I guess could happen.

I never store my battery in the device, I always remove it when packing up after each flight.

If I go to the same menu screen, my Internal Battery status says "good".

The battery lasts so long, I've never seen a need to try the hotswap!
Same here, I disconnect the battery as well, just have to remember to turn the hotspot on my mobile before flying and the Time and Date are accurate. No need for "Hot Swap" for me as well, CS last far longer than my batteries. It's just unbelievable the inconsistency of DJI's quality control and support. Read some of the reviews from DJI is rated "Bad" with 1.2 / 10 on Trustpilot being a DJI Owner we all know this and will make future buying decisions accordingly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll