DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS video cache and SD card question

rfc

Reactions
New to the CS. Still confused about a few things:
1. The video cache is set to 2G. Is that a function of the internal memory of the CS? Looks like it can go to 8, but it says only 1963 mb is available, so I don't understand why it'd give you the option for more, unless....

2. If you insert SD card(s) in the CS, are they for the low-res video cache that would normally be stored internally? Why two slots?

Card slots are for anything you'd want them for... Move files to, do card copies on the field, whatever...

Recent android GO4 have versions have added "save cache to SD" but the CS unfortunately lags behind general purpose phones so didn't get that yet.

Card slots are for anything you'd want them for... Move files to, do card copies on the field, whatever...

Recent android GO4 have versions have added "save cache to SD" but the CS unfortunately lags behind general purpose phones so didn't get that yet.
I guess I could copy cache files to an sd card if the cache is filling up, then dump the cache. Also, I set the cache size to "auto", and it immediately said I had about 12 gb available.

Looks like it can go to 8, but it says only 1963 mb is available, so I don't understand why it'd give you the option for more
That means 1963 free of those 8GB, not the free space on the device.

That means 1963 free of those 8GB, not the free space on the device.
I would have guessed that, but I don't think I'd even flown and recorded anything when I checked that setting. I cleared the cache and set it to auto, and it changed to 12 gb or so. Go figure.

The CS manual said:
The Micro SD Card Slot provides extra storage space for the display device, maximum card size is 128 GB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e