DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CsvView - problem adding .csv files to new Beta 4.0.5 version for Mac

Drone Tracker

Reactions
I am trying to do a prop analysis, like many people do, comparing the Power used by each of the 4 props. On my Mac I downloaded the "Verbose .csv" file from PhantomHelp to my desktop. I updated my Java file and opened CsvView 4.0.5 Beta to input my data. The program looks normal but when I click the "click here" in the top box an input screen appears that has nothing in it and I cannot see my desktop to access my csv file. The file format window turns blue when clicked and does not drop down any format choices. (see attached)

I don't seem to be able to get my csv file into CsvView. Mousing over the upper input box with the file does not grab the csv file. What am I missing? This should be so simple but something is fundamentally wrong with my approach. Thoughts to troubleshoot? How do you Mac guys input your csv files?
Thanks.
Jim.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.40.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.40.59 PM.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
...The program looks normal but when I click the "click here" in the top box an input screen appears that has nothing in it and I cannot see my desktop to access my csv file...
Your approach to open a supported file is correct ... if you know that you have a .TXT, .DAT or a .CSV on your desktop then it should show up ... perhaps the maker of CsvView @BudWalker can assist with this.

...I downloaded the "Verbose .csv" file from PhantomHelp to my desktop...
The process you use ... by uploading the log to PhantomHelp, then download a .CSV is totally unnecessary. You already have both usable logs (.TXT & .DAT) on the mobile device you flew with. Transfer them directly to your MAC & open them up in CsvView ... no conversion to .CSV is needed, CsvView will do that automatically.

I am trying to do a prop analysis, like many people do, comparing the Power used by each of the 4 props...
From your tries using PhantomHelp, which only handles .TXT logs, I can say that you will not be able to access the motor data from the .TXT log. The motor data are in the mobile device .DAT log.

Your approach to open a supported file is correct ... if you know that you have a .TXT, .DAT or a .CSV on your desktop then it should show up ... perhaps the maker of CsvView @BudWalker can assist with this.

The process you use ... by uploading the log to PhantomHelp, then download a .CSV is totally unnecessary. You already have both usable logs (.TXT & .DAT) on the mobile device you flew with. Transfer them directly to your MAC & open them up in CsvView ... no conversion to .CSV is needed, CsvView will do that automatically.

From your tries using PhantomHelp, which only handles .TXT logs, I can say that you will not be able to access the motor data from the .TXT log. The motor data are in the mobile device .DAT log.
He had previously contacted me via PM about this issue. I was unable to help since I don't own or use a MAC. He was going the PhantomHelp route since the MAC version of CsvView can't process the .txt logs.

@Drone Tracker I suggest try placing the .DAT somewhere else than the Desktop.

Reactions: slup
He had previously contacted me via PM about this issue. I was unable to help since I don't own or use a MAC. He was going the PhantomHelp route since the MAC version of CsvView can't process the .txt logs.

@Drone Tracker I suggest try placing the .DAT somewhere else than the Desktop.

Note that the CsView instructions in the Mac version let the user know that .txt cannot be loaded directly into the program - They are saying you must convert .txt to .csv files in the case of the MacOS - not so for the .DAT files from your mobile device.

"
Introduction
CsvView is an app that visualizes log files from several DJI drones. CsvView operates internally on .csv files. For a log file not represented as a .csv file CsvView will first convert it internally to a .csv file and then operate on that .csv file.
CsvView can accept these log file types
  1. .DAT from the Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Mavic Pro, and Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, and Matrice M600,
    Matrice M100, Spark, A3
  2. .txt file produced by the DJI Go App. TXTlogToCSVtool is used to convert the .txt to a .csv. Note: The Mac version of CsvView cannot accept .txt files.
  3. .csv from the Litchi tablet app
  4. .tsv from the Autologic tablet app
  5. .csv from the FPV tablet app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair