DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current 107 permitting turn around time (Post gov’t shutdown)?

AMann

Reactions
Hello, I am wondering what the current turnaround time is for getting the 107 permit adter passing the test? Has anyone received theirs after passing the test within a few weeks or what types of delays have you been experiencing? This would only be for post (after) the government shutdown.Thank you very much for your replies!

Last edited:
After 3 working days, i registered and ordered labels. I put x's in this post to block out some PII stuff

Small UAS Certificate of Registration
CERTIFICATE HOLDER:
UAS CERTIFICATE NUMBER:
ISSUED: EXPIRES:
Federal Aviation
Administration

• Fly below 400 feet
• Never fly near other aircraft
• Keep your UAS within visual
line of sight
• Keep away from emergency
responders

• Never fly over stadiums, sports
events or groups of people
• Never fly under the influence
of drugs or alcohol
• Never fly within 5 miles of an airport
without first contacting air traffic
control and airport authorities

Russell xxxxxxx
FA3xxxxxxxxxx
01/28/2019 01/28/2022

Your digital FAA registration card from order #xxxxxxxx has been emailed to you. If you did not receive the email please check your spam folder. For questions contact [email protected].

If you ordered labels/ID Card, those should arrive within 1 week via USPS.

Your order contains:

1x Drone Registration + FAA Compliant Labels

After 3 working days, i registered and ordered labels. I put x's in this post to block out some PII stuff

Small UAS Certificate of Registration
CERTIFICATE HOLDER:
UAS CERTIFICATE NUMBER:
ISSUED: EXPIRES:
Federal Aviation
Administration

• Fly below 400 feet
• Never fly near other aircraft
• Keep your UAS within visual
line of sight
• Keep away from emergency
responders

• Never fly over stadiums, sports
events or groups of people
• Never fly under the influence
of drugs or alcohol
• Never fly within 5 miles of an airport
without first contacting air traffic
control and airport authorities

Russell xxxxxxx
FA3xxxxxxxxxx
01/28/2019 01/28/2022

Your digital FAA registration card from order #xxxxxxxx has been emailed to you. If you did not receive the email please check your spam folder. For questions contact [email protected].

If you ordered labels/ID Card, those should arrive within 1 week via USPS.

Your order contains:

1x Drone Registration + FAA Compliant Labels

Hi, thanks for the reply. So it was 3 days after you passed the part 107 test that you got the permit, or was this just for getting the online registration number?

I was wondering how long after passing the part 107 test people recieved their FAA permit to fly 107 (commercial) missions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. So it was 3 days after you passed the part 107 test that you got the permit, or was this just for getting the online registration number?

I was wondering how long after passing the part 107 test people recieved their FAA permit to fly 107 (commercial) missions. Thanks.

I tried at 48 hours like the directions said but it couldn't find my exam so I sent them an email and they said it could take more than 48 hours so I waited another 24 hours and it worked. i now have my permit and I ordered a printed one with a FAA official sticker for my drone.

Reactions: AMann
I tried at 48 hours like the directions said but it couldn't find my exam so I sent them an email and they said it could take more than 48 hours so I waited another 24 hours and it worked. i now have my permit and I ordered a printed one with a FAA official sticker for my drone.

That’s good news, I thought it would take weeks. Thanks!

I passed my part 107 certification on December 18 and received my temporary certificate via email with attached pdf 2 days later. It said the real one will be sent through the mail. As of today, February 6, I haven’t received it.

I passed my part 107 certification on December 18 and received my temporary certificate via email with attached pdf 2 days later. It said the real one will be sent through the mail. As of today, February 6, I haven’t received it.

Thank you for the update, I’m cramming for the test right now and I hope to take it very soon. Please post back when you get ti in the mail. Cheers!

I passed my test during the government shutdown. It took 4 or 5 days before my test would link in IACRA. The gov't reopened a day later and in 2 days I got the temp certificate. So about a week from test to temp certificate.

Reactions: AMann
Update! I recieved my hard copy today. December 20,2018 I got my temporary and today March 11, 2019 I got my permanent.

Reactions: AMann and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000