DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current Firmware and App update info

RTHawk

Reactions
Does DJI have a single location on there web site that shows the current Firmware and App versions? I have searched there website and get bits and pieces like a date a version was published, but it may not be the most current published. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places or using wrong search criteria. If you are flying without an internet link then a new version notice would not show up not that you would want to update right before the flight.

You can find those details on the Mini 2 downloads page. The current firmware versions are available at the top of the release notes (linked there).

Thanks for the tip. Had been to that page more than once but did not download the release notes. Since the Fly app version is listed at the top of the page I was looking for something similar on the firmware versions. I see the release notes show a fly app ver of 1.6.6 which indicates that info is old in regards to the fly app. Would be nice if they put all the current info in one place for a quick check to see if one is current. Thanks again

Reactions: msinger
@RTHawk ,my take on a new APP or firmware update, is while i have a good internet connection ,
i will check for any updates ,before i go out to fly ,as part of my pre flight checks
i agree that if you have no internet service ,then you would not be aware of any updates ,but that would not stop the drone from flying ,with its current status ,if a message pops up saying update available ,just clear it off the screen, and carry on till you are able to do it later ,if you so wish,i never have auto firmware updates ,or APP updates enabled ,that way you have a chance to find out before hand what the update is about
in fact this forum is a great place for finding out about updates,and whether they cause issues or not ,because of the length of time ,that the Mini 2 has been out ,it would be quite rare for any firmware updates to be available,though not impossible,the FLY APP on the other hand is and will be updated for a considerable time ,to accommodate the new features and or drones as they become available

I agree that waiting to update is a good policy just to see if any issues show up. I have auto updates off but my fly app went to current ver on its own. Need to see if I some how I turned on auto update which I don,t like to do with any apps on my IPad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser