DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curve at end of Litchi Waypoint problem

spudster

Reactions
Site
kuula.co
I know I must be missing some setting but I can't see what I'm missing. I'm attaching some screen shots. When looking the the mission in VLM I get this issue.

As the drone moves from WP1 to WP2 to points straight towards WP2 like I want but about 100' before it gets to WP2 the drone rotates to point at WP3. I want it to to straight to WP2, once there rotate towards WP3, go to WP3, then rotate towards WP4, etc. This same "curve" happens as the drone approaches WP4.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• litchi1.png
    litchi1.png
    729.9 KB · Views: 23
  • litchi2.png
    litchi2.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
I know I must be missing some setting but I can't see what I'm missing. I'm attaching some screen shots. When looking the the mission in VLM I get this issue.

As the drone moves from WP1 to WP2 to points straight towards WP2 like I want but about 100' before it gets to WP2 the drone rotates to point at WP3. I want it to to straight to WP2, once there rotate towards WP3, go to WP3, then rotate towards WP4, etc. This same "curve" happens as the drone approaches WP4.

Any ideas?
I am not familiar with Litchi, but from your description and the screenshots you posted my guess would be to change to a different heading mode. Is there a manual for Litchi that explains how each heading mode works? The Auto(TNW) appears to change the heading automatically to try making direction changes more cinematic.

I am not familiar with Litchi, but from your description and the screenshots you posted my guess would be to change to a different heading mode. Is there a manual for Litchi that explains how each heading mode works? The Auto(TNW) appears to change the heading automatically to try making direction changes more cinematic.
The Auto(TNW) Towards Next Waypoint should point the drone to the next waypoint. If you have it set for Straight Lines and not Curves it should go straight to that waypoint, rotate and then go to the next way point.

The instructions say: ""Toward next Waypoint" ("Auto" on iOS) where the aircraft will point toward the next waypoint" and "Straight Lines" where the aircraft will go straight to each waypoint then turn"

What appears tp be happening is that it is pointing to the 2nd waypoint and not the next waypoint.

Yes, the heading can be manually set but that could take a lot of guessing the get the exact degrees you want.

I have solved the problem by basically putting 2 waypoints on top of each other so even though it is pointing at the 2nd waypoint out it is the same position as the next waypoint. Not very elegant but it works.

Can someone look at this simple square mission, run it VLM and let me know if it is running as a square or if the drone is pointing 2 waypoints ahead instead of the next waypoint?

It looks like the aircraft is flying the route, but the gimbal is smoothly rotating to point at the waypoint after the current destination waypoint.

Anyone have any idea if this is a Litchi bug or a Google Earth Issue? I would just go out and fly the mission but it is going to be too windy the next couple of days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair