DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom firmware for the Mavic?

Just actually noticed the screenshot with three prong props. i think they just guttered the mavic electronics and put racing drone hardware in. the fold-able 2 blade props of the mavic would never go that high in RPM to make that high pitched sound.

plastic is no match for a carbon X frame tho. lol

Reactions: Lumperjack
Hi !!
That video was a joke.

Reality has almost reached it now as some guys managed to allow many flight Parameters to be changed, enabling a much sportier Sports mode. (no loopings yet AFAIK, but a guy reported speeds up to 120 km/h)

And as for alternative FW, IF there will be a root process for the public there certainly will be people wanting to develop REAL alternative FW versions (which would be perfectly legal).

NOT legal would be spreading patched DJI Firmwares as the modify & use DJI property.

Greetings,

Ender

Why would you even want to do that with the Mavic? I call BS on that video, but even if not, you can risk a much less expensive drone for that flying. Never the intended purpose of the Mavic.

Reactions: Ershoff
Why would you even want to do that with the Mavic? I call BS on that video, but even if not, you can risk a much less expensive drone for that flying. Never the intended purpose of the Mavic.

It's an April 1st video joke. Look at the date it was uploaded.

Rob

Reactions: Kilrah
I don't know what that is. Unless DJI released this in the latest firmware, or it's an "Easter Egg" that's been there for some indeterminate time, I call bogus.

The community has "unlocked" access to hundreds of configuration parameters that can be manipulated, some of them affecting speed in both sport and GPS modes, and this is being called "Sport Plus" by some in the online community. So I wouldn't argue the flying is real.

Just that activation procedure -- that's BS.

Hi !

The cool thibg is that you can have both, a smooth camera drone AND a sporty Drone.
The flight behaviour is bound to "modes" and so you could leave normal mode as it is and just make "SPORT" Super sporty.

So you have both. The sense in that: have maximum use & fun with your toy !

Greetings,

Ender

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I don't know what that is. Unless DJI released this in the latest firmware, or it's an "Easter Egg" that's been there for some indeterminate time, I call bogus.
As mentioned it was a video made as an April Fools joke, Mavic guts removed and replaced with standard components.

If you flipped a Mavic you'd destroy the gimbal in no time.

As mentioned it was a video made as an April Fools joke, Mavic guts removed and replaced with standard components.

Or used one of those excellent 3D-printed look alikes...
Yeah thats why i said "no loopings" ;-)

Mavic will never be a racer but it can be used which much more fun then DJI planned it for...

ENder

Yeah, I've been "corrected" several times on two boards. Can't a guy make an innocent, harmless mistake? :D

Anyway, just because you mentioned it, I wonder if flying with the gimbal lock on would protect it from acrobatic maneuvers?

Reactions: ronzer
Gimbal lock on would kill it. Unless there's a way to disable it from moving while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143