Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Custom Foam for Unfolded Mavic 2 Pro *Sold*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hegemone

Reaction score
I have a lightly used custom-designed PE foam insert for the Apache 4800 XL case. The foam is 17.81 x 12.75 x 6.5 w/ 1" radius corners so it might fit other cases with similar dimensions. This doesn't include the top foam as that is provided with the case. The foam holds the standard remote, smart controller, drone unfolded with polar pro folding landing gear still attached, 2 batteries off the drone, one battery on the drone, car charging cable and a bunch of small accessories in the general use area. The thinner slots are for cell phone sunshade but could hold documents or other wires. The slot for the smart controller was actually designed to hold the Fstop labs 3 battery charger that is popular here but holds the SC with the stems off the remote.

I am selling the foam only for $75 (+ actual USPS shipping, continental US only). You can buy the Apache XL 4800 hardshell at Harbour Freight at a really good price if you use their flyer coupons. Feel free to message with any questions or to request additional pictures. Payment via Paypal and you pay return shipping if you send it back for any reason.

IMG_20200324_101843.jpg
IMG_20200325_114320.jpg IMG_20200325_114343.jpg IMG_20200325_114406.jpg

Edit: Added More Pictures For Reference

Last edited:

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Editor
Reaction score
Approved - selling a single, personally used case only so no need for an approved vendor badge.

Hegemone

Reaction score
What wrap did you use on the MP2
Its orange carbon fiber from slickwraps. Finally got it but it took like 25 days from order to delivery and they kept saying I could expect it in 2-3 days. They were overselling themselves and not able to keep up. They are one of those weird companies that is always holding a half-off say that will expire in 2 hours. Its been that way every single time I have gone there. I will say it was a pretty good fit though but requires careful use of a heat gun to stretch around some of the curved spots.

scottabing

Reaction score
I have a lightly used custom-designed PE foam insert for the Apache 4800 XL case. The foam is 17.81 x 12.75 x 6.5 w/ 1" radius corners so it might fit other cases with similar dimensions. This doesn't include the top foam as that is provided with the case. The foam holds the standard remote, smart controller, drone unfolded with polar pro folding landing gear still attached, 2 batteries off the drone, one battery on the drone, car charging cable and a bunch of small accessories in the general use area. The thinner slots are for cell phone sunshade but could hold documents or other wires. The slot for the smart controller was actually designed to hold the Fstop labs 3 battery charger that is popular here but holds the SC with the stems off the remote.

I am selling the foam only for $75 (+ actual USPS shipping, continental US only). You can buy the Apache XL 4800 hardshell at Harbour Freight at a really good price if you use their flyer coupons. Feel free to message with any questions or to request additional pictures. Payment via Paypal and you pay return shipping if you send it back for any reason.

View attachment 97165
View attachment 97490 View attachment 97491 View attachment 97492

Edit: Added More Pictures For Reference
Looking on the internet for something exactly like this and ended up here. Is this still available? If not, could you tell me where you obtained it? Having trouble finding cases which keep the drone unfolded so any info is appreciated.

Hegemone

Reaction score
Looking on the internet for something exactly like this and ended up here. Is this still available? If not, could you tell me where you obtained it? Having trouble finding cases which keep the drone unfolded so any info is appreciated.
Yes I still have the foam insert if you are interested. I have moved since I had mentioned this so I just need to put my hands on it.

scottabing

Reaction score
Yes I still have the foam insert if you are interested. I have moved since I had mentioned this so I just need to put my hands on it.
If you find it and want to ship let me know. I can do PayPal, venmo, ect. This saves me the time of designing my own custom case so it's worth $75.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tufargon

Reaction score
Scott, Not a good idea posting such personal info on a public forum. This forum supports private messages and is highly suggested here.
Also not so good quoting his info in another post.

Reactions: dirkclod

Tufargon

Reaction score
It should all be removed by a mod shortly. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod

Broken Arrow

Reaction score
Scott, protect yourself and send a private message by clicking on the seller's avator and the "START CONVERSATION", it is much safer than posting for everyone to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.