DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom geofencing?

Davros007

Reactions
Hi All,
Is there a control app that allows custom geofencing? For example, near me are power turbines and a prison. They are not marked on any app as a no fly zone (Australia) but of course I keep clear. But say I was teaching someone who lost control (no license needed here), or I lost contact with the drone and it tried to RTH over or through these, there could be... issues... Is there an app you can pre-set custom no fly zones or height restrictions etc., to create a custom safety bubble around areas for if the drone enters autonomous flight near a “hazard”?

create a custom safety bubble around areas for if the drone enters autonomous flight near a “hazard”?
With DJI GSPro you can define a 'Virtual Fence' in which the aircraft can be flown manually at maximum predefined speed and height within a specific area.

VFence.PNG

Reactions: Davros007
With DJI GSPro you can define a 'Virtual Fence' in which the aircraft can be flown manually at maximum predefined speed and height within a specific area.

View attachment 98067
Cool. What happens in wind, if it’s blown “into the fence” - will it land immediately? Also, is the fence loaded onto the drone, so if the controller goes down, the drone still knows where the fence is? Cheers Dave

Last edited:
What happens in wind, if it’s blown “into the fence” - will it land immediately?
During a Virtual Fence mission, if the aircraft flies out of the fence due to external forces i.e.
strong wind, a prompt will appear in the Aircraft Status Bar, an audio prompt will sound from the
iPad, and the fence will be disabled. Users must stop the mission and restart it.

Also, is the fence loaded onto the drone, so if the controller goes down, the drone still knows where the fence is?
If link is lost, then the pre-set mission parameters go into effect. Either RTH or mission continues. (Virtual Fence stays active)

... and I suppose you can’t set it to “reverse”, so INSIDE the fence becomes no-go?
The aircraft has to be inside the box.

There is an app called Hammer that has some awesome flight control options. You can draw a no-go zone on the map, and even while flying a mapping mission it will not enter the NFZ as you can see in the GIF I just made of a simulated scenario with Hammer.531F66CB-0B5F-4BED-B465-5EDA29F4CA82.gif

Last edited:
You can draw a no-go zone on the map,
Be aware this feature requires the professional version subscription and is not available in the 'Explorer' (free) version.

There is an app called Hammer that has some awesome flight control options. You can draw a no-go zone on the map, and even while flying a mapping mission it will not enter the NFZ as you can see in the GIF I just made of a simulated scenario with Hammer.View attachment 98099
Cool. That’s what I was thinking would be good! Interesting. Thanks.

well Flytnow (Drone Video Streaming & Fleet Management Solution - FlytNow) does provide geofencing (with altitude restrictions) with some other awesome features like precision landing, handling multiple drones simultaneously and real time multi-video feed and some basic features like RTH and many more. Being a cloud based platform you can also perform BVLOS operations and can monitor the telemetry and control.

Hi All,
Is there a control app that allows custom geofencing? For example, near me are power turbines and a prison. They are not marked on any app as a no fly zone (Australia) but of course I keep clear. But say I was teaching someone who lost control (no license needed here), or I lost contact with the drone and it tried to RTH over or through these, there could be... issues... Is there an app you can pre-set custom no fly zones or height restrictions etc., to create a custom safety bubble around areas for if the drone enters autonomous flight near a “hazard”?

You can try FlytNow. It is a web-based application that allows you to control and manage multiple drones from a single dashboard. It has custom geofence option that you can use to mark no fly zones. They offer a 21 days free trial.

1597223090835.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929