DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom Unlock

Guardian44

Reactions
So, I'm new to DJI and trying to work the authorization zone unlock system. I have a waiver certificate for KPSM (Portsmouth International At Pease) in Portsmouth, NH. The certificate says that I can fly in the controlled airspace, following the guidelines for the UAS Facility Map grid. I am trying to use the "custom unlock" approach. I get the info added on the first page and upload the pdf copy of the waiver just fine. Then I move to step 2, and that's where the questions come in.

PSM has an oval-shaped blue (authorization) zone around it. There are also extended gray areas off each end of the runway (altitude zones). So, I centered the pointer in the middle of the airport on the blue marker, expanded the unlock area to 17km, so it covers the entire area, including the altitude zones. The first problem I run into is the maximum height question. My certificate allows up to the facility map ceiling, depending on the location on the grid. So, I pick a random altitude. Actually, I tried a few and got no different response.

After I enter the location, radius, height, and location name, I hit the confirm button. Then it allows me to enter a second location. I don't want to enter a second location. So what do I do next?

The only button I can hit is the confirm button. There is a "verification code" box, but I can't see anything to do with the code.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Apparently my aim was off... I put this in the Mavic 1 help area, and I'm flying a Mavic 2... but I guess that doesn't really make a difference for the questions.... carry on....

Last edited:
The verification code is DJI's form of a captcha to be sure you're a human filling out the web page. Just enter the random letters/numbers next to or below the field.

If you are planning to adhere to the facilities map ceiling, what's the waiver for? Anyone can submit a LAANC clearance within those heights (even hobbyists) or if the area is not LAANC ready, request clearance (not waiver) from DroneZone.

Grey zones on DJI's flysafe map are altitude restrictions which so far I found to be pretty close to the altitude on the facilities map. Blue zones can be self- unlocked but you will need internet at the site to unlock that way. Likely though the facilities map will be showing zero ceiling for those areas anyway since they typically are runway approaches which are often zero height.

If you are planning to adhere to the facilities map ceiling, what's the waiver for? Anyone can submit a LAANC clearance within those heights (even hobbyists) or if the area is not LAANC ready, request clearance (not waiver) from DroneZone.

I see it now, and feel dumb. I didn't realize there was a spot to fill in the code right there where it says "verification code." Thank you.

I should have mentioned in the beginning, the airport is a non-LAANC facility. The information I have is that it will never go on LAANC because it is a military facility. Not sure about that info, but that's what I've heard.

EDIT: Once I got it submitted, I got the "approved" response in under a minute. Thanks again!

Reactions: Bobvt
Don't feel too dumb about the "verification code". It is poor wording, particularly in the page context of wanting to unlock.
Sometimes I found the "code" missing from the page due to browser issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser