DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom White Balance?

Pixeldawg

Reactions
I asked this in a thread and never received an answer, so I am throwing this out to general discussion in hopes of finding the answer. MODS, if this is an inappropriate place for this, please feel free to move as you see fit. Thank you all and Happy New Year!

I have a question here... Does anyone know if the M2P can have a custom white balance? If so, where is it? I have a device that sets ultra accurate color and if possible, would like to use it. Anyone know? Seems as if it should, but have not ran across it, only to adjust to a specific number of Kelvin degrees. Thanks for the input and Happy New Year!

Cordially,

Mark

I asked this in a thread and never received an answer, so I am throwing this out to general discussion in hopes of finding the answer. MODS, if this is an inappropriate place for this, please feel free to move as you see fit. Thank you all and Happy New Year!

I have a question here... Does anyone know if the M2P can have a custom white balance? If so, where is it? I have a device that sets ultra accurate color and if possible, would like to use it. Anyone know? Seems as if it should, but have not ran across it, only to adjust to a specific number of Kelvin degrees. Thanks for the input and Happy New Year!

Cordially,

Mark
Here's a video showing how to set it:

I appreciate this, but live in China and generally can not see the videos here. YouTube is blocked.
Oh poop! I'll have to fire up the drone and note the process. Probably tomorrow. I have the flu and right now I'm just not up to it. It is in camera settings. There's a list of options such as daylight, shade, etc. and at the end there is custom. Inside that menu choice there's a slider where you can set temp in K.

• Wow
Reactions: Pixeldawg
Click on the small bars(camera info) that’s just below the button you click on to take a picture. Then click on the camera icon. Fourth line down is the“white balance”. Click on that. Next screen shows all the options for white balance. Click on custom. You can then adjust as you want. When you’re done, click the small bars again.

Click on the small bars(camera info) that’s just below the button you click on to take a picture. Then click on the camera icon. Fourth line down is the“white balance”. Click on that. Next screen shows all the options for white balance. Click on custom. You can then adjust as you want. When you’re done, click the small bars again.
Thank you.

Thank you.
Another option is after starting the drone, and before takeoff, take a picture of a neutral grey card in the light you anticipate shooting in. If you are taking DNG still images, open that first image in your processing software and do a custom white balance based on the neutral grey. Apply that correction to all images taken in that light on that day. The process can be repeated later in any light and will result in color balanced images from that day/time.

Reactions: Arnold LeVine
Another option is after starting the drone, and before takeoff, take a picture of a neutral grey card in the light you anticipate shooting in. If you are taking DNG still images, open that first image in your processing software and do a custom white balance based on the neutral grey. Apply that correction to all images taken in that light on that day. The process can be repeated later in any light and will result in color balanced images from that day/time.
There are also some pretty good phone apps that will measure white balance. They will get you in the ball park and make post much easier.

Now I have to go back to my stored up photo equipment and find my old grey card!

Thanks! I want to try this to see how it goes. I appreciate the help!

Mark

Not as accurate as I would like. I have a thing called an "Expodisc" that I like to use. It is 99.97% color accurate for white balances (if you want details, Google "Mark Lent, Expodisc" and see the article that I wrote for Popular Photography & Imaging Magazine.) Old article, but still accurate information.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots