DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customize the function button

peejay

Reactions
In the manual for my Mini 2 under Customizable Button, it has the following
".... functions include toggling between the map and live view..."
I don't see this option under System Settings/Control?

Reactions: LoudThunder
Currently I have not set anything on the Fn button, But Like you I rotate cam down to 90 down view when landing, then at about 3 ft high I rotate cam back up to avoid any damage to camera if on final landing a unseen rock or something is there.

Currently I have not set anything on the Fn button, But Like you I rotate cam down to 90 down view when landing, then at about 3 ft high I rotate cam back up to avoid any damage to camera if on final landing a unseen rock or something is there.
When using an apple product like an iPhone or iPad,, there IS the option for the function to switch from camera to map. I like that feature.
I recently bought a TriplTek8 which is an Android product and switched away from my iPad. . The camera/map option is MISSING on the Android version of the DJI FLY App. Strange, so now I use function button for straight ahead/look down views.

Since you're not using the button, put that on it. One click up and one click down. Easy, Quick, nice.

Since you're not using the button, put that on it. One click up and one click down. Easy, Quick, nice.
This. I have single click assigned to cam rotate as described (use that all the time) and have double click assigned to swap map/cam view.

But Like you I rotate cam down to 90 down view when landing, then at about 3 ft high I rotate cam back up to avoid any damage to camera if on final landing a unseen rock or something is there.
You do realize that if you did nothing your drone would rotate the gimbal back up to horizontal at about 18-24 inches as it lands. If you are afraid of hitting a rock from 3-feet, you need a bigger landing pad and maybe learn to hand catch, not "Hand Snatch"... When I hand catch, my Mini 2 settles onto the palm of my hand and it shuts down the motors... There are numerous YouTube Videos on Soft Hand Catching and there are Hand Snatching videos and I'm sure those folks have sent their drones back because their Gimbals are all messed up...

And if you practice hand catching, do it with the wind at your back so a sudden gust of wind does not blow your drone into your face. Your Drone may love you, but those props will slap the smile off your fac...

Even though I have these set on my iPad/controller, I cannot get them to function. I know the fn button works, I can zoom.

• Wow
When using an apple product like an iPhone or iPad,, there IS the option for the function to switch from camera to map. I like that feature.
I recently bought a TriplTek8 which is an Android product and switched away from my iPad. . The camera/map option is MISSING on the Android version of the DJI FLY App. Strange, so now I use function button for straight ahead/look down views.
Where is that ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser