DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Da vinci is very expensive

MAGA

Reactions
I really want to shoot in D -log h256 but I can't justify spending 300 on a program I did buy Adobe premiere elements and like it but come on man. Any suggestions?

I really want to shoot in D -log h256 but I can't justify spending 300 on a program I did buy Adobe premiere elements and like it but come on man. Any suggestions?
Da Vinci is not expensive if you consider you get a Pro tool with free upgrades. Photoshop, Lightroom et al don’t come anywhere near that. There is a bit of a learning curve but it has pretty much everything you would need in an editing programme. My opinion only. :)

Reactions: MAGA
Did you grizzle and moan about the price of your drone? You may have but I bet you felt better about it when you compared it to the cheaper options. The same applies here. Davinci is a great value proposition compared to the competition.

Reactions: Gizmo6257
I thought DaVinci Resolve 16 was free? What am I missing?
Yes it is free but you can buy the “Full version” which has a few extras. But basically the free version is probably more than good enough for most people.

Considering how good and feature rich the free version is, I am thankful to the Black Magic team for giving away such an incredible tool for free. If I ever need the extras in the full studio version, I wouldn't blink before I buy it. But the free version already does everything I need. Bad marketing strategy on Black Magic's side actually, but hey, I am not complaining :)

Last edited by a moderator:
and to clarify for who asked... "pro tools" is music production software. making the point that music production software is also expensive. you check torrent sites or reputable sellers on the dweb?

Why would you need the Pro version? I DO everything on the free version. I shoot Raw, Dlog, and 4k video, do all of it on Free version. Don't know what you are so worried about Pro version for?

and to clarify for who asked... "pro tools" is music production software. making the point that music production software is also expensive. you check torrent sites or reputable sellers on the dweb?
I tried Pbay not very good at that kind of stuff and will continue to work on it , pro tools yes I remember that now. to make my own music? Not a bad idea. Thanks you.

Davinci Resolve Studio is extremely cheap considering what you get. It is less than the upgrade price of any of my other editing software packages. Standard Resolve is free, can't be any cheaper than that. You pay around $2000 for a drone and then grumble about $300 for editing software.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the clarification. Judging by how complicated it is, the free version suits me just fine. :)
Thing is that for 10-bit h265 you need the pro version, regardless of what features you use. But yes it's very cheap for what it is.

I'm amazed they dropped their paid edition from $999 to $299. I tried looking for 10 bit h.265 support but only saw 10 bit support in Studio (paid edition) for h.264.

It might also be, and I would suggest is the case here, that “pro tools” is most frequently used in common parlance to describe any tools (including software) that might be employed in professional endeavours.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Davinci Resolve Studio is extremely cheap considering what you get. It is less than the upgrade price of any of my other editing software packages. Standard Resolve is free, can't be any cheaper than that. You pay around $2000 for a drone and then grumble about $300 for editing software.
you grumble all the time, you grumbled to my grumble so wth up with that

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots