DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dad uses Mavic 2 to warn kids about a shark

I just came across that story. Scary! Job op for beach patrol!

Reactions: CJH92474
What an utterly ridiculous non story.

He proved sharks live in the sea. Its not as if anyone didnt know that.

He saw a shark from a drone - great. Thats quite lucky. But no more than that.

Ridiculous, sensationalised non-story for publicity.

Just another non-story to counter the negative publicity of non-stories about dangers of drones.
Media seem to enjoy "making a mountain out of an ant hill", for click-baits. That how they try to make money now.

Reactions: TUNGSTEN
I feel like this is more relevant to our lives than, “person kills lover”, “house catches fire from cigarette”, “movie set new box office records” but whatever. Seems weird to not worry and think about loved ones being closer to sharks just because they think the ocean is for fun, yet people here were concerned about if the seagull was ok.

Could have been a different and tragic story if the Shark had not been seen and the kids carried on splashing around in the sea. Even if the news coverage is over the top - it's a nice change to see this kind of story associated with drones rather than another 'Drone fly's past airliner on airport approach' story ...

Well, I thought the video was This that I watched earlier today. So the one posted wasn’t as exciting to me, but I stand by my confusion of putting it down. Just like when they say Mexico is dangerous right around spring break time- just seems like summer fun warnings to me. Probably made a few people want a drone :)

Reactions: NAVMAV
Could have been a different and tragic story if the Shark had not been seen and the kids carried on splashing around in the sea.

Except no it wouldnt. Sharks live in the sea. All the time. They swim around. Thats what they do.
The only difference is sometimes they get seen. Usually they dont. No danger involved there at all. Its pure and utter hysteria.

Except no it wouldnt. Sharks live in the sea. All the time. They swim around. Thats what they do.
The only difference is sometimes they get seen. Usually they dont. No danger involved there at all. Its pure and utter hysteria.
Here's the video. Yeah...no danger at all.....great whites never attack people in Australia.

Reactions: NAVMAV
This isnt a great white. And sharks are everywhere.
This was a normal shark doing what they normally do - swim around. They do that before cameras. They even did that before drones were invented.
Drones havent suddenly started making every bog standard shark start eating people.

The article paranoid, uneducated hysteria presumably for publicity and for a story. Its written by people with absolutely no understand of sharks or the ocean and is deliberately misleading.

Well done for capturing a shark with a drone, nice video. But the rest is complete and utter *********

• Angry
Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Why do they refer to "swimming in its natural habitat" as "lurking" and "stalking"?

Nice video clips of sharks swimming, but that is all it is, the rest is just seeking attention.

Have done 100's of scuba dives around all sorts of sharks including Great White, Tiger, Bull and others, and the next time I feel threatened by one will be the first.

It's a good tool for beach patrol but it needs a warning device attached like one of those air horns that can be remotely activated so swimmers can get out of the water when sharks are approaching.

I'm not trying to fuel any shark hysteria by posting this video. I've done snorkeling off the FLA keys and had sharks swimming right below me and I had no concern what so ever. But you can't say this great white has no interest in these swimmers what so ever. History does not bear that out.

It's easy to tell some of you have never been parents if you think a 10-foot great white or tiger shark swimming within 50 feet of your kids is no big deal !!

Technology is designed to make our lives better and safer --- our great-grandparents didnt have seat-belts or airbags in 1920 and that's why so many of them died in auto accidents. Would you rather fly in a plane made in 1930 or a modern jet made in 2019 loaded with tech? I know which one I'd choose for me and my family.

If a fancy new drone is used to spot a huge shark near people --- then it's just another good example of tech making our lives safer and better. Three cheers to the drone Dad for using his flying toy for something other than harassing birds and annoying neighbors!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada