DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damage/Repair on Mavic Pro

Nafnonac

Reactions
Hi folks had a flight on Saturday doing a POI at 110 feet, had an argument with a tree that had grown to 120 feet, tree won. Ordered and replaced the visible damage, gimbal suspension board and gimbal ribbon. Video cable looked ok. Anyway after a few hours of fiddling got it all back together but still have other issues. Front sensor warning regarding calibration and no video feed. I am thinking it’s the gimbal circuit board. Does anyone know if that sounds feasible. Also I can buy board for around £55, and swap out in about 15 minutes now I have increased by knowledge on strip down. Thoughts please should I go that route or put it into Marrionville models a local DGI dealer and repairer.

The lack of video feed is cause for concern. Especially since you checked all the cable ends; and I’m guessing the power connector as well? I’ve still had video even with one of the strands broken.

After my own tear down, it seemed the flat ribbon was servo power, while the stranded cable is video. You may re-check the stranded cable to see that isnt plugged offset. Also the flat ribbon connectors, especially those on the rearward edge, are best connected after the board has been securely fastened with screws. For me, those were the most difficult to connect. And the flat ribbon was a pain to rout, fold, and connect.

If you’re confident in the connections it does sound like a hardware Issue.

Have you used Assistant 2, for calibrating the forward and bottom camera systems?

If not, it’s basically a dotted screen used as reference locations to calibrate you're two vision systems ( front and bottom respectively)

Hope something here helps

Reactions: Nafnonac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42