DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damaged Mavic Pro Gimbal - Popped out from tab??

Paul_in_WA

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic Pro today. It got caught in a tree, propellers stopped and it plummeted nose down to earth. Fortunately relatively soft earth but when I tried to fly it again I got an "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration" warning. Otherwise it flew normally and even seemed to mostly take good video.

Once I got it inside and tried to inspect it everything looked normal but when I tried to put on the Gimbal Clamp I found that the camera was standing too high for the clamp to fit, so the top of the camera was actually above the clamp. And then I saw that the frame holding the camera seemed to be on top of a clip instead of underneath it. I am attaching a picture to show what I am talking about.

Mavic Pro Gimbal.jpg

The arrows point to the tab fastened to the Mavic chassis and the carriage/piece of metal that I think is supposed to go under it instead of on top of it.

When I tried to pop the carriage of the camera under the tab I couldn't. It looked like I was missing less than a millimeter of clearance. I didn't want to force the issue until I posted on here and see if anybody had any advice or experience with a problem like this.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

I tried that but I was afraid of forcing things too far. How robust is that assembly?

Just slide it back and forth to tuck the tabs back over, In am surprised it fell out of a tree face first and didn't break the gimbal ribbon

Just slide it back and forth to tuck the tabs back over, In am surprised it fell out of a tree face first and didn't break the gimbal ribbon
I was surprised also. I did manage to pop the Gimbal back into place and it seems to work fine.

went to Bellingham a couple months ago and wanted to film some shoreline at Birch Bay state Park but got run off by the park ranger but I got all the footage I needed before she figured out where I was

went to Bellingham a couple months ago and wanted to film some shoreline at Birch Bay state Park but got run off by the park ranger but I got all the footage I needed before she figured out where I was
some times ya gotta drive to get footage

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett