Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damaraland - Namibia

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Spent a few days camping in the desert on a trip to Namibia. Very interesting rock formations here, especially the naturally shaped spherical ones. This is a compilation of a number of Mavic Pro flights.

Nice area to fly, you have some good shots.
More contrast would help and more clearer flights, if you keep out the flying corrections it would be better.
Anyway good work.

Ciao Rob

Took me a while to figure out what ZAF meant, South Africa. Not from there I'm from Canada.

Hey apologies. Well then welcome to my hood. The place you visited is very special and your video you posted really tries to capture that "moon" landscape ..Well done happy flying .. I have clocked over 1000 hours now .. Used to build my own quads aka drones and hook up my Gopro. Fly line of site and then down load my vidz... now its so easy.. got 2 bought drones the spark and the Mavic. love them both .. busy looking for a bigger screen to fly with .. any suggestion for a reasonable priced Tablet that wont let me down.. or maybe specs .. hear that 2 GB ram to little but then I hear some folk have no issue with tabs with 1.5GB ram... or is the processor the thing...

any way keep it real bud ..

Laters

No worries. Visited SA a number of times for work. Usually around Joburg. Spent a few years building my own simple drones. Really learned to fly LOS using these. However the video is so much smoother using DJI drones the old machines have not made it up in the air in a long time. I now fly with a mini iPad 4 with 128G of storage. My older mini iPad 2 stuttered a bit when using with the latest version of GO4. However I have an old version of GO on the mini 2 that I can still fly a Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 with a smooth video display.

Cool beans. so bottom line if my video not perfect with the device I can install older versions... any hint which one the best before it became power hungry?
It can be done but not easy. You have to install a program to intercept internet data and change values before sending it on to Apple. The value is the ID# of older versions of GO/GO4. Sadly I cannot share my downloads as they are all locked to my Apple ID.
I have attached a graphic of how the GO apps have bloated over the years. I use the red ones. One alternative for all is to use Litchi, it is small efficiently coded app.Graph of Go App Size.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian