DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dark stripes on portrait photos...what is that?

dronebigboy

Reactions
just noticed a lot of dark vertical stripes on my last portrait and landscape images ?
i have the .900 firmware

i shot at f.2.2 - 1/1250 ? it is something related to the high shutterspeed ??
what it may be ?
Photo_07-07-2017_21_19_08.jpg

i took one more before straight 90degrees down to the ground and there are no stripes..i don't know how the sun can add the stripes ...

Hmm... weird. I know the sensor of a photocamera usually contains a (number of) filter (s). If one of these is misaligned this might yield this problem. Another guess; are you using a polarizing filter by any chance?

When you use portrait mode, where are the lines? If they run horizontal then it could be a sensor issue.

Hmm... weird. I know the sensor of a photocamera usually contains a (number of) filter (s). If one of these is misaligned this might yield this problem. Another guess; are you using a polarizing filter by any chance?
no filters... the thing is that i have it in portrait and landscape images...too bad

When you use portrait mode, where are the lines? If they run horizontal then it could be a sensor issue.
in portrait mode the lines are vertical and in landscape mode the lines are horizontal...
but i have some photos without the line...i don't think it is a sensor issue

Looks like prop shadows. The sun hits your props, causing a flickering effect on the lens.
i really hope so !!
first time that i get this..i want to try few more run ...probably is just when the sun is 90 degree to the camera....so bad anyway...never happened before

in portrait mode the lines are vertical and in landscape mode the lines are horizontal...
but i have some photos without the line...i don't think it is a sensor issue

Based on that, i think its sensor. Prop shadows dont look like that.
Maybe check for dust or scratches in the lens.

i really hope so !!
first time that i get this..i want to try few more run ...probably is just when the sun is 90 degree to the camera....so bad anyway...never happened before

Not to dash your hopes, but that is not prop shadows. I have only seen them show up as curved lines, never perfectly straight. Have you had any repairs done on this Mavic or any hard landings/crashes?

Reactions: garben
Not to dash your hopes, but that is not prop shadows. I have only seen them show up as curved lines, never perfectly straight. Have you had any repairs done on this Mavic or any hard landings/crashes?
never crashed ... and today i shot again and no lines at all.. the same day of the pic i posted above i took also some videos , and videos are perfect with no lines at all..i'm really confused!!

Even though it's inconsistent - that almost has to be a hardware issue. Especially as the orientation of the stripes changes with the camera. It's far too regular and perfect to be any kind of reflection or shadow in my view. CCDs as far as I know don't usually fail like this. Mysterious.

never crashed ... and today i shot again and no lines at all.. the same day of the pic i posted above i took also some videos , and videos are perfect with no lines at all..i'm really confused!!

Could be intermittent electrical interference or the like.

I have those too. However I've never shot in portrait mode with my MP. But mine look exactly the same way but they are horizontal. And their occurrence is depending on the relative position of the bird against the sun. I also thought they could be some reflections / shadows caused by the props but in such a case in portrait orientation the stripes should also have been horizontal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair