DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dashware Error Workaround 11-14-2017

projboy

Reactions
Dashware Error Alternative Fix after latest Win7 and Win10 updates as of 11-12-2017 by Pops Works

Sorry i'm new and never posted before. Hope this where and how I do it.

I hope that I can help people that like to use Dashware with Windows and are getting Error. There may be a better way out there, but I could not find one and was not going to do a system restore back before Windows updated and my program started to get the rendering error. I tried different .bat files and other methods that didn't work for me. The following did work!

Dashware now needs an audio file(Silent aac.m4a worked for me)
silent or music would probably work. But I used a silent.m4a.(.mp3 or .ac3 may work but I didn't try them)

1. Audacity-win-2.1.0 Free 11-12-2017 - Use a Pc without a mic or turn off the mic if it has one or you will record the background noise in the room that your in. Record the silent audio file(aac.m4a) a little longer than the video that you are going to use from the Dji Mavic Pro(The next step will automatically adjust the audio length to the video). Save it!

2. Windows Live Movie Maker - Add the video file and audio file and save it what Windows Live Movie Maker recommends.

3. Dashware v1.9.1 - Add the newly saved combined video and audio file. Then add the .cvs overlay file that was made and downloaded from Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones AirData UAV (HealthyDrones is now Airdata UAV). Create video! Enjoy!

***Note: It takes about 56 mins. on Intel i7 pc to convert a 7 minute video with Dashware v1.9.1

Last edited:
Does Dashware handle 2.7 and 4K video yet or is it still stuck on 1080p?
Moviemaker is no longer in Windows 10 - are you just adding an audio track to the footage?
If so I would assume any NLE could do that step...

Don't know about 2.7 and 4K video. I just record at 1080p. Windows Live Movie Maker is on Windows 10 on my Asus ROG laptop or use another free prog. Yes I just added an silent.m4a audio track to the footage by using Audacity-win-2.1.0 Free or any other audio recorder to record a silent.m4a audio file without mic attached or disabled so as not to record ambient background noise or you can add a music background file if you wish(I didn't try it but it should work). I didn't. I used a silent.m4a(aac).

Last edited:
Audacity does not support out of the box: AC3, AAC, Apple Lossless, RealAudio etc.

Luckily adding support of these file types is very easy in the latest versions.
  • Edit > Preferences
  • click on Import / Export
  • click the 'FFmpeg library download' button
  • A page opens where you can download the FFmpeg plugin + install instructions

Updated(as of 11-18-2017)

The point of this article is that if add an audio file to Dashware it will work. How you do it is up to you. This is just the way I did it and it works.

Youtube Link to Sample DJI Mavic 34th Flight OSD Phone Q Cut_edit video:

1. Audacity-win-2.1.0 Free
a. .m4a and.mp3 did work. Did not try .ac3 yet but should work
b. Or download silent .mp3 of different length from Silent CD instead of making it with Audacity. The file is 8kb/s but worked!
c. Or use another audio recorder

2. Windows Movie Maker(or use another editting program)
a. Windows Live MovieMaker.exe might be in the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery
b. If not you can go here and download it for free:
Windows Movie Maker Free Download - For Windows 7/8/10/Xp/Vista
Windows Movie Maker 2016 Free Download for Windows 7,8,10
windows-movie-maker-2016-full.exe
Download and install it.
This worked on my one of my other pc that did not have it installed(I must have have installed it a while ago on my laptop and other pc. Didn't realize that they were not installed until you mentioned it) and it worked.

Hope you find this helpfull.

***Note: It takes about 2hrs.11mins. on Intel i7 pc to convert a 16 minute's of 1080 video with Dashware v1.9.1

Dashware Error Alternative Fix after latest Win7 and Win10 updates as of 11-12-2017 by Pops Works

Sorry i'm new and never posted before. Hope this where and how I do it.

I hope that I can help people that like to use Dashware with Windows and are getting Error. There may be a better way out there, but I could not find one and was not going to do a system restore back before Windows updated and my program started to get the rendering error. I tried different .bat files and other methods that didn't work for me. The following did work!

Dashware now needs an audio file(Silent aac.m4a worked for me)
silent or music would probably work. But I used a silent.m4a.(.mp3 or .ac3 may work but I didn't try them)

1. Audacity-win-2.1.0 Free 11-12-2017 - Use a Pc without a mic or turn off the mic if it has one or you will record the background noise in the room that your in. Record the silent audio file(aac.m4a) a little longer than the video that you are going to use from the Dji Mavic Pro(The next step will automatically adjust the audio length to the video). Save it!

2. Windows Live Movie Maker - Add the video file and audio file and save it what Windows Live Movie Maker recommends.

3. Dashware v1.9.1 - Add the newly saved combined video and audio file. Then add the .cvs overlay file that was made and downloaded from Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones AirData UAV (HealthyDrones is now Airdata UAV). Create video! Enjoy!

***Note: It takes about 56 mins. on Intel i7 pc to convert a 7 minute video with Dashware v1.9.1

This may have been solved already. But, I kept getting errors creating dashware videos. I accidentally found a solution. Combine videos in Dashware and save as MP4. Open Windows Movie Maker and import the video. Once. imported, save it as whatever you want to name it. Then import the Movie Maker Version of your video back into Dashware. When you go to create video, it compiles and renders it without an error.

This may have been solved already. But, I kept getting errors creating dashware videos. I accidentally found a solution. Combine videos in Dashware and save as MP4. Open Windows Movie Maker and import the video. Once. imported, save it as whatever you want to name it. Then import the Movie Maker Version of your video back into Dashware. When you go to create video, it compiles and renders it without an error.
Thanks for the response. I'm still do it the way I posted but I will give it a try the next time that I fly and post back.

I've been using Dashware to add Gopro's GPS data to my Gopro videos for a while. Then recently I started getting this "Microsoft Foundation error'. I've tried all of the above solutions and nothing worked. Then today, I found my solution. Don't take the default file name/location for the saved video file. Change it to something simple (like C:\newvideo.mp4). Now every time it saves without errors. I haven't taken the time to figure out why the default file name screws up - I may sometime later. but apparently Dashware has a poor set of error messages for simple filename errors.

but apparently Dashware has a poor set of error messages for simple filename errors.
Dashware was a nice piece of software. But due to the fact the developers stopped supporting it, i switched to Racerender.

Does Dashware handle 2.7 and 4K video yet or is it still stuck on 1080p?
Moviemaker is no longer in Windows 10 - are you just adding an audio track to the footage?
If so I would assume any NLE could do that step...
Dashware JUST needs an Audio Track-
The file from your drone does not have one-
Just sync in a Blank audio and Export it Losslessly -
Takes a few Seconds - with the right software -
(or you can do a lossless conversion to the same format with some audio)
Then Dashware will work !

Thanks for the response. I'm still do it the way I posted but I will give it a try the next time that I fly and post back.
08-14-2019
Thanks for the post! It Worked without a hitch just running it through Movie Maker. Finally got out to fly since my last response. Now I don't have to go through my old way as posted Feb 9, 2017 above.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darksebius