DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DAT. files for Mini 1 crash

hawkinsuk

Reactions
This evening I lost the signal to my Mini 1. I pressed RTH and when I got a signal back, it was into a tree I'm guessing. I will now do my homework and get the DAT files and would like to put them up here with the request for some help in interpreting the data.

First question - I believe it will come out as a ZIP file. Should I put it up here as a ZIP file or should I open it first?

Second question - I didn't manage to find it but everything is 2ft tall at this time of the year but it isn't on the road :) Is it possible to tell me the last recorded co-ords as that might guide me to where it went down (or stayed in the trees)?

Many thanks,

Mike

Everything useful for us is recorded & stored in the mobile device you flew with ... the flight log recording continue as long as your mobile device is connected to your craft via the RC. So if you lose the connection the recording stops and all after the disconnect will not be included in the log ... weather it's telemetry or GPS positions.

If your drone go down for some reason & you remains connected or can reconnect to it, you can use the "Find my drone" function in the Fly app ... see below how to use that. If your drone disconnects mid air & you can't reconnect the position in Find my drone will be where the disconnect happened ... not where it eventually ended up.

...and when I got a signal back...

If that's true, that you could reconnect to the craft once it was on ground the Find my drone function most probably can guide you to where it is.

If you want somebody to look through your flight log from that flight it's the TXT log that's most interesting in a first stage ... read up here on how to retrieve it (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide ... attach it then in a new post here in this thread

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143