DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data on drone trajectories for research.

Chad B

Reactions
Good evening!

I am a postgraduate student in the UK researching the prevention of future crimes. I am very interested in UAV technology and have established research into the area of how to prevent such technologies being used for deviance.

Currently I am proposing research into analysing trajectories of UAVs being flown into restricted areas in the UK (specifically over prisons, airports and nuclear power plants) to establish a model which would inform practitioners where best to implement preventative measures to stop crime from occurring. I am however having difficulty finding recorded data on such instances.

The reason I am posting on this forum is to ask whether any enthusiasts are aware of public data of UAV trajectories over the aforementioned locations (or similar). The information required would report such details as the starting point of the route, where the drone intercepted the ground's boarder, the direction the drone entered/exited the airspace and the route of trajectories within the restricted air-space for example.

Please comment if you could offer information which may facilitate my research, or indeed if you're interested in its development and wish to stay informed!

Best,
Chad B.

Considering that you are working with 3-dimensional space, they could start/stop over a mile away, enter/exit from any angle and from just above ground level to over 1000' high. With modifications the limits can be greatly extended. Also considering the drone may be considered disposable you also need to account for one-way trips.

I do not know (have not looked) for any data on this but you might ask Homeland Security or Border Patrol (US). I don't know how willing they are to sharing data but they have experienced drone incursions across the US/Mexico border.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb