DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 16 and up convert to 4K (Mavic Mini)

mraroid

Reactions
Hello folks....

I am totally green when it comes to drones. I have a new Mavic Mini and I am learning how to fly.

I do have a background in motion picture film - Super8, 16mm and 35mm. But being old school like I am, I am not up to date on digital.

I have a powerful, modern, windows 10 computer. I am running a Nvidia 1080 video card, 32 GBs of RAM and modern fast Samsung solid state hard drives.

I was looking around for software to edit the 2.7K video from the mini. I am intrigued by the You Tube videos where film makers have up converted the 2.7K video to 4K. After some looking around I found Davinci Resolve 16. I down loaded and installed it. It came with a color pdf manual that is slightly over 3,000 pages. Yep, that is not a typo - slightly over three thousand pages.

Do we have any Davinci Resolve 16 users here? If so, can anyone point me to a You Tube video on the basics of importing my mini's 2.7K video and up converting it to 4K?

I was going to have the manual printed out, but it is quite costly (45 cents for one double sided color print of each page), so I went to Amazon and just ordered this book for $38 (and free shipping if you have prime):

I hope the book will be helpful.

If anyone here knows of videos, or help pages for Davinci Resolve 16, could you post them?

Thanks so much.

mraroid, Salem Oregon, US

Check this site out. The free Davinci Resolve courses from this site are very good. He also has many YouTube instructional videos. I exclusively use Davinci Resolve 16.x Film Simplified

Wow! What a great resource Edward! Thank you so much for the link. I have installed Davinci Resolve , and started watching You Tube videos. The learning curve is steep, but it looks like it will do what i want.

Thanks again.

mraroid

DaVinci Resolve also has its own training series. You can find it here: DaVinci Resolve Traning
If you scroll down to Training Books you can download the book and the lesson files.

I have been using DV for nearly 12 months now. Watched dozens of videos. Every time I do an edit I seem to spend more time looking at UTube than actually editing. There is just soooo much in there. I will watch a TV program and see some effect I like and wonder "How do they do that?" Then end up spending too much time trying to duplicate in DV. As for good video I find JayAreTV good and also Casey Faris

Hello bushie.... Thank you for the helpful feedback and the links. I think I might spend most of today watching the videos which seem quite good!! I have watched so many that my mind is spinning around in circles. I think I need to import some footage and see how far I get. Maybe after a few more videos.

My end product will be a 4K Ultra blu-ray. My thoughts at this time (with the limited knowledge I have so far) is to edit in Davinci Resolve 16, and then import the video into cyberlink powerdvd 19 ultra. I have not used any cyberlink software for over 5 years. But version 19 ultra is suppose to be able to import 4K and then burn a 4K Ultra blu-ray.

Thank again for all the help.

mraroid

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy