DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 17, best free video editor

I tried working with Resolve and I like it, but I have found it just takes me too long to figure stuff out. After going through several editors, I ended up using Filmora X. I love it, it is easier to understand than Resolve, and yet has all the features I need. Their slogan is "Work less, create more" and that is what I feel I get with it.

I tried working with Resolve and I like it, but I have found it just takes me too long to figure stuff out. After going through several editors, I ended up using Filmora X. I love it, it is easier to understand than Resolve, and yet has all the features I need. Their slogan is "Work less, create more" and that is what I feel I get with it.
Agree 100%. Filmora X is excellent. It is intuitive, easy to learn and the results are very good indeed. It isn't a freebie, but not too expensive.

Agree 100%. Filmora X is excellent. It is intuitive, easy to learn and the results are very good indeed. It isn't a freebie, but not too expensive.
I knew I would spend a lot of time learning how to use one so I also went with Filmora X.
Been spending a lot time with their how to videos.

I know what you mean,
Filmora is an excellent software, very easy to use and does not require a powerful computer.
But if you want to push things much further, DVR is the way to go

Reactions: fguthrie
I haven't yet, but will be watching your full video Vic, I can attest to Davinci being a no brainer and would encourage anyone to give it a little more time than they normally might to learn the basics. It's full blown commercial quality editor with (almost) no holds barred. Their $300 Studio verion has a few more advanced bells and whistles, but most are just expand the capabilities as the free version is far from "dumbed down" like Adobe provides with their "elements" series.

One of the great benefits of taking on Davinci Resolve are the scores of short (and long) tutorials covering basics, tips and tricks and advanced stuff. Unlike Adobe Premier it doesn't require a secondary, extra cost, module like AfterEffects which adds a lot of cost that one pays for month after month and never goes away.

While it took some focus, on July 1st I began my first (digital) editing project ever and by July 14th I had my first completed pfoject in Davinci Resolve. I completed my second similar project in half the time and it just gets faster and easier even as I take on more complex editing task. And I got so lucky to take advantage of their promotion and upgraded to Studio for $300 and got a free speed editor- which is no a cheap piece of equipment by no means.

Just saying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11