DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DaVinci Resolve Tutorials

alexmatravers

Reactions
I started using DaVinci Resolve when I got my drone but struggled to get started as alot of the tutorials out their focus on the Colour Grading/Animation side of things and not the general/basic editing side.

So now that i have some reasonable experience with it, i've started making some quick tutorials to help people get started. Hopefully useful for those beginners trying to dip their toe into Resolve.

Hopefully they're useful (and hopefully mods are okay with me posting).

I'll be sticking around in these forums and helping out where I can :)Thumbswayup

These are really useful and I don't think mods aren't ok with this.
Good news! :)

I’m glad they were useful. I plan to keep making them. I’ve made some less drone specific videos recently but i will be doing more with my Mavic Air soon.

Thanks Ryan.

I started using DaVinci Resolve when I

I'll be sticking around in these forums and helping out where I can :)Thumbswayup

I switched to DR15 recently and actually watched your videos (they came up with a search on YouTube) for a quick way to get started before you posted them on here. I wasn't new to video editing software but they got me going in no time. Thanks and keep them coming.

Reactions: alexmatravers
I switched to DR15 recently and actually watched your videos (they came up with a search on YouTube) for a quick way to get started before you posted them on here. I wasn't new to video editing software but they got me going in no time. Thanks and keep them coming.

That's ace, thank you Roy :D:D

I'll certainly keep them coming. If there's anything in particular you'd like to see, please feel free to let me know and i'll certainly see what I can do.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
How about one dealing with editing media with different frame rates and resolutions. Like media from a Mavic, GoPro, HandyCam and iPhone.

I have been currently editing my snowmobile videos all shot with GoPros with the same settings. I set the project settings the same as my footage settings but would like to know what to do if I have mixed media.

Thanks!

Reactions: Cymruflyer
How about one dealing with editing media with different frame rates and resolutions. Like media from a Mavic, GoPro, HandyCam and iPhone.

I have been currently editing my snowmobile videos all shot with GoPros with the same settings. I set the project settings the same as my footage settings but would like to know what to do if I have mixed media.

Thanks!
When you first bring the clips into the project you will be asked if you want to keep the project setting or change to the clip speed. Answer this how you like. DR will then look after it all. I regularly mix clips from different cameras at different speeds with no problems.

When you first bring the clips into the project you will be asked if you want to keep the project setting or change to the clip speed. Answer this how you like. DR will then look after it all. I regularly mix clips from different cameras at different speeds with no problems.

Thanks I’ll have to try that. I have always matched the Project to the clips.

Another thing for a tutorial would be all of the icons in the center above the timeline. Such as blade cut, trim, etc. I use your time saving I/O on clips and then drag to the timeline. I also use the JKL keys. The only icon I use is the razor blade as I’m not exactly sure how to use the others.

Thanks for making these, I will check them out for sure.

Thanks!
You may find this of value.

These are great!!! I'm an extreme novice with video editing, and these are very helpful. this might be older topic, but these are great. Just wanted to pop by and say thanks. Feel free to make tons more! Will have to check your page and subscribe.. see if you have more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60