DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DC area based pilots check-in

Fyodor_Ivanov

Reactions
Any Mavic pilots based inside of the 15/30 no fly zone? NE DC here. Interested in seeing what locations people can actually fly. I've heard DJI no fly zone doesn't exactly match with FFA zones and wondering what other pilots have experienced.

Smallwood state park works for a co-worrier and I only about an hour drive from NE DC.

Few free to chime in with your locations or stories.

Dunkirk, Md....about 25 mins east of DC. I fly here all the time. Beautiful places to fly. Let me know if you want to come out sometime

Checking in. I will be flying for the first time this weekend. I live in Bowie. If anyone wants to link up, let me know. I'm actively looking for locations and fellow pilots.

Checking in. I will be flying for the first time this weekend. I live in Bowie. If anyone wants to link up, let me know. I'm actively looking for locations and fellow pilots.
I'm in. Text me and we can setup a time. 301-358-5850

I'll be in the DC/Bethesda, MD area later this month with work. With some time off, looking to get my MP in the air.

Im close to DC and located in Rockville,MD. We can do meet-ups and share info where can we fly our UAS.

Dunkirk, Md....about 25 mins east of DC. I fly here all the time. Beautiful places to fly. Let me know if you want to come out sometime

I go down to St. Mary's quite often, usually over weekends and would love to meet up when you're thinking of flying around your area.

I went north towards Baltimore to Southwest area park. The strange part is the B4UFly app threw up huge red flags saying that I can't fly there, but this is a designated *airpark* for RC airplanes! The lone guy flying his airplane welcomed me and invited me to join their local AMA group. It seems like a nice place to fly, but since I am primarily interested in photography so I'd probably keep seeking out new places. Just past the airstrip there are nice marshes that you could shoot videos of. Just thought I'd pass this info along to the group here.

I go down to St. Mary's quite often, usually over weekends and would love to meet up when you're thinking of flying around your area.

I went north towards Baltimore to Southwest area park. The strange part is the B4UFly app threw up huge red flags saying that I can't fly there, but this is a designated *airpark* for RC airplanes! The lone guy flying his airplane welcomed me and invited me to join their local AMA group. It seems like a nice place to fly, but since I am primarily interested in photography so I'd probably keep seeking out new places. Just past the airstrip there are nice marshes that you could shoot videos of. Just thought I'd pass this info along to the group here.

I'm going to head there today.. I haven't flown in over a year and my Mavic is lonely!

I went to Federal Hill in Baltimore and did some harbor fly-overs as well as Lake Elhorn in Columbia. It was a little windy buy still a great day to fly!

Thats awesome.. I flew at that lake before. Real nice footage of that liitle dam on the brokenland pkwy side. Have you ever flown in historic ellicott city? My particular intrest would be at the Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park

Thats awesome.. I flew at that lake before. Real nice footage of that liitle dam on the brokenland pkwy side. Have you ever flown in historic ellicott city? My particular intrest would be at the Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park

I've never flown in historic Ellicott City. I'll have to add that to my 'to do ' list

I'm just finding this page; what a shame! I've been eager to fly but felt that the DC area just killed my ability completely. It's great to see so many suggestions. I've gone down toward Dale City but it was the smallest clear area and over homes, so not really enjoyable. DM me if anyone is free weekdays and wants to meet up.

I'm just finding this page; what a shame! I've been eager to fly but felt that the DC area just killed my ability completely. It's great to see so many suggestions. I've gone down toward Dale City but it was the smallest clear area and over homes, so not really enjoyable. DM me if anyone is free weekdays and wants to meet up.
DM sent. I'm in Woodbridge.

I'm in Arlington.. 30 minute drive to fly...

With all the rain from this past weekend, River Mill Park on the Occoquan was very flooded yesterday. 20181217_132755.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa