DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

De-flicker preset profile by Neat Video

I too use icarus luts, but have used groundcontrol luts in the past.
As long as it's dlog sharpness plus one you're good to go.
All I'll say is whilst the profiles are good neat video can be too strong on certain videos and will look all blurry on parts, just turn down the noise strength to fix.

Agree with last post, you have to adjust the strength quite a bit depending on the video, it can easily be too strong. Apply the effect and zoom in to a detailed area.
You need a fairly powerful machine to run it as render time increases substantially.
It's annoying to wait perhaps hours and find you used it too strong.

I too use icarus luts, but have used groundcontrol luts in the past.
As long as it's dlog sharpness plus one you're good to go.
All I'll say is whilst the profiles are good neat video can be too strong on certain videos and will look all blurry on parts, just turn down the noise strength to fix.
I heard you are suppose to denoise first and then render the video and then apply LUTS if your machine isn't extremely amazing. Is this the workflow you follow? What if I plan on using after effects as well. Can you tell me what my work flow should look like. Also, since you use Icarus Luts can you give me any tips on the v2.2's and how to choose the best one.

Agree with last post, you have to adjust the strength quite a bit depending on the video, it can easily be too strong. Apply the effect and zoom in to a detailed area.
You need a fairly powerful machine to run it as render time increases substantially.
It's annoying to wait perhaps hours and find you used it too strong.
Do you apply it clip by clip and then render it? Couldn't you apply it to a single 5 sec clip and render that by itself?

There are so many icarus luts I have settled on a few. It's 1 in the morning atm on my phone so once I get on my main pc later in the day I'll pm you more info.
As for neat video if the clip is over 3 mins I denoise first, even then it takes hours.any less and I denoise,add noise layer,use luts and accevolution wiper in one go.

There are so many icarus luts I have settled on a few. It's 1 in the morning atm on my phone so once I get on my main pc later in the day I'll pm you more info.
As for neat video if the clip is over 3 mins I denoise first, even then it takes hours.any less and I denoise,add noise layer,use luts and accevolution wiper in one go.
None of my clips are more than like 15 seconds. I plan on making a 4 minute video and I'm not really sure what my workflow should look like. I want to also incorporate after effects. Should I make the video in adobe and line up my music, then add the LUTS to each clip, render it and then denoise or what?

Just checked my lumetri folder to confirm,i only use icarus luts versions 2.1 and 2.2 plus the push one.
what i typically do is do the white balance on the dlog footage,drop the lut above on an adjustment layer then on the dlog footage adjust slightly until my exposure etc is where i want it,i like to try and make mine look natural,then i'll render the video to check for mistakes, then i'll add neat video and render again,bear in mind though you really have to take your time with neat video or the footage comes out too mushy.
luts should be applied to adjustment layers and the neat video goes onto the dlog footage itself.
as for choosing which lut to use, read the icarus website,it's says when each one should be used,but having said that if you're working on an adjustment layer you can try each one until you're happy,just don't render it until you're happy.
quite confusing at first but it gets better each video.

What do you mean white balance on the dlog footage? Isn't that set when you film on the mavic? How do I create an adjustment layer that I can work with in adobe? With neat video do you apply it to each clip or the entire video?

Heres a quick video i made to show you how to add adjustment layers.

.Neat video i add to each clip and add the profile to each clip, it needs it so you can adjust each clip to your liking.
White balance : Highlight the clip you're working on then go to the basic tab and click the white balance eye dropper.
Once you have that tool click somewhere on the clip that you KNOW is white in real life(white car/white house/white road markings etc) then apply the Lut and go from there.
If that little video helps i can make one for white balance and or neat video,i'm not an expert by far but i remember how daunting premiere can be.

Have fun.

Reactions: black_magic100

.Neat video i add to each clip and add the profile to each clip, it needs it so you can adjust each clip to your liking.
White balance : Highlight the clip you're working on then go to the basic tab and click the white balance eye dropper.
Once you have that tool click somewhere on the clip that you KNOW is white in real life(white car/white house/white road markings etc) then apply the Lut and go from there.
If that little video helps i can make one for white balance and or neat video,i'm not an expert by far but i remember how daunting premiere can be.

Have fun.
This was extremely helpful. Is their a way to save posts that you like on this forum? On reddit I save posts that are helpful, but this website I often lose important information because it is difficult to save for later. (currently at work)

Bear in mind the upper layer affects those below it but not above.
If your computer is not overly powerful you'll find it takes quite a bit longer to churn through multiple layers and neat video is itself quite demanding, especially if you use the temporal NR which has to examine frames either side of the one it's adjusting.

Have fun.
Hey man I am finished with editting my video, but not sure what to do next. Do I apply luts to adjustment layer, change exposure on the dlog footage, or apply neat video? When do I render?

Hi mate. Myself I would do the white balance with the eye dropper tool, then apply the lut onto the adjustment layer and then on the footage not the adjustment layer adjust exposure contrast etc etc.
Just remember don't change anything on the lut/adjustment layer...you can but in my opinion it gets you muddled up what you have and haven't adjusted.
At least that way if you make a mistake you know it's only on the footage so can be undone, just a way to stop myself chasing my own tail.
Once you've done all colour grading/added music , basically finished, that's when you use neat video.
What I did when first using neat video was make a copy of my work so if I effed up I could just reload the original and "start again"
Hope that makes sense.
Enjoy[emoji4]

Oh and render once all editing and neat video is applied. Neat video is ALWAYS last. It's a pc killer whilst colour grading.

Hi mate. Myself I would do the white balance with the eye dropper tool, then apply the lut onto the adjustment layer and then on the footage not the adjustment layer adjust exposure contrast etc etc.
Just remember don't change anything on the lut/adjustment layer...you can but in my opinion it gets you muddled up what you have and haven't adjusted.

Can you please reword this. I am very confused lol. Why not make all the adjustments to the adjustment layer because if I eff up I can just delete it? What changes do I make to the actual layer and what changes do I make to the adjustment?

At least that way if you make a mistake you know it's only on the footage so can be undone, just a way to stop myself chasing my own tail.
Once you've done all colour grading/added music , basically finished, that's when you use neat video.
What I did when first using neat video was make a copy of my work so if I effed up I could just reload the original and "start again"
Hope that makes sense.
Enjoy[emoji4]

Oh and render once all editing and neat video is applied. Neat video is ALWAYS last. It's a pc killer whilst colour grading.
Also, when you apply your ICARUS luts do you change a lot of other settings or leave it be? I have one clip that is overexposed quite a bit and all of the ICARUS LUTS look like utter ****, even the low key LUT

Hope that makes sense.
Enjoy[emoji4]

Sorry for the spam replies. Here is an example pic that is well exposed. I feel like the LUTS from ICARUS just kind of look... meh... Maybe I'm not doing something correct, but they seem very strong and I have to tone them down quite a bit.

Here is the clip: DJI_0033.MP4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123