DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Death Lies This Way" Birnbeck Pier, Filmed on a DJI Mavic Pro

Jon Avery

Reactions
This is some recent footage I took with the Mavic around an old abandoned Pier in Weston Super Mare in the UK. The BBC have today used some of the footage to promote recent developments removing a dangerous part of the old jetty. I hope you enjoy the short film and please feel free to post any constructive comments to help me on future projects. Thanks.

Hi Maikm, I've been playing with Final Cut since I received the Mavic so this is my 4th attempt. So much to learn! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: pzwkfq
Nice job...

From 1:11 to the end...was that a reveal shot flying backwards...or, was it a forward shot in reverse?

Reactions: Jon Avery
Nice job...

From 1:11 to the end...was that a reveal shot flying backwards...or, was it a forward shot in reverse?

Got a bit scary when that flagpole appeared!

Now he needs to get into CGI and have the pier come alive and bustling back on its opening day in 1867. A la James Cameron and Titanic....

I wonder who would be up for recovery if you ran out of battery and landed it at the far end. Certainly. Not. Me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This is some recent footage I took with the Mavic around an old abandoned Pier in Weston Super Mare in the UK. The BBC have today used some of the footage to promote recent developments removing a dangerous part of the old jetty. I hope you enjoy the short film and please feel free to post any constructive comments to help me on future projects. Thanks.

This was awesome!!! Good work.. The picture is crisp and clear

Awesome footage ! Love the smooth and slow movements. In terms of video settings what resolution and fps as well as style in the color did you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job...

Thankyou, This was the fourth attempt at reversing backwards smoothly although there is some slight movement in the shot. That was nerves! :)

Awesome footage ! Love the smooth and slow movements. In terms of video settings what resolution and fps as well as style in the color did you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, This one was shot in 2.7 at 24p. I used cinelike and set all the custom settings to -1-1-1 with the white balance on sunny. The edit was tweaked with Black and White at 50% and some slight correction with both saturation and contrast in post. Hope that helps and thanks for your comments :)

Thankyou, This was the fourth attempt at reversing backwards smoothly although there is some slight movement in the shot. That was nerves! :)
LMAO... that's awesome!! You didn't seem nervous at all... all the shots were smooth. The Pier is pretty neat, it's got a creepy/eery look to it.

It would be great for Birbeck to be restored BerndM, The current owner is just waiting for it to fall into the sea and thats a real shame! ;(

Thanks PostalGuy, really appreciate your comments :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Once again Jon, your u have done excellent work. Your shot composition is superb and you have a knack for lighting. I loved the 'Death Lies this way' sign almost Easter egg in one of the fly over shots.

My one comment echoes what I said for your previous film, the mix of speeds in your shots is jarring. This time the lost shot was at such a faster speed than the rest that it kind of broke the tone for me. All in all though, terrific. I look forward to more and to seeing if I can live up to this with my own!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett