DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decided to send my Mavic in for repair/replacement

Annevanzwol

Reactions
:(

After earlier crash into tree and subsequently muddy ditch (partly submerged) I've decided to use my DJI Care Refresh. My battery is dead and the props are broken. Could live with that however I think the gimbal was somewhat damaged. Gimbal overload warnings, tilted horizon (done FW upgrade, recalibration). It's not what is used to be.

Hope this doesn't take too long. Also hope I don't get a monday morning model replacement. I'll guess we'll find out. Filled in the request this morning.

:(

After earlier crash into tree and subsequently muddy ditch (partly submerged) I've decided to use my DJI Care Refresh. My battery is dead and the props are broken. Could live with that however I think the gimbal was somewhat damaged. Gimbal overload warnings, tilted horizon (done FW upgrade, recalibration). It's not what is used to be.

Hope this doesn't take too long. Also hope I don't get a monday morning model replacement. I'll guess we'll find out. Filled in the request this morning.

Great. Real sorry for your bad run of luck, but this period without your Mavic does give you time to bone up on the areas you need to so you can avoid this situation again. Not trying to be offensive, honestly, just want to offer some constructive advice here. The Mav is a great machine, as you already know, and I'm sure you're going to miss it until it's returned to you. But I would use this downtime to recapitulate in my mind the events that lead up to my crash so at least I wouldn't make THAT mistake again. And we all make mistakes, that's for sure.

Using your DJI Refresh is the smartest move you could make, getting a fresh start. It's a great program DJI offers. I hope you're back in the air again soon and this crash just becomes a distant memory after many, many more successful flights. Good luck!

Thx. Where I come from we have a saying.

It goes well or I learn.

In this instance I learned.

I feel your pain. I too sent mine back yesterday to DJI. I was even thinking about buying a new one just so I wouldn't be without it for awhile... But I'm just going to learn from my mistakes and waite. Hope it cames back soon!

IMG_1792.JPG Received the UPS label and prepared the package for shipment tomorrow to the DJI repair center. Gonna miss my little friend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty