DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deciding between FCC and CE in Europe

Cai

Reactions
Hello,

I am interested in buying a Mavic Mini here in the UK. After doing some research, I've noticed there are two models, the FCC model (MT1SS5) and the CE model (MT1SD25). When buying products, I like to get the most for my money, therefore I am interested in buying the FCC model and using the GPS hack to get the best range possible. I was wondering, has anyone been in a similar situation to me, and which one did you eventually buy? Also, does the GPS hack still work? I've heard that an app update patched the GPS hack, although downgrading the app shouldn't be a problem as I have a jailbroken iPhone. Finally, does the FCC model always perform better than the CE model, no matter the environment, for example, in an urban area? Thanks!

Hello,

I am interested in buying a Mavic Mini here in the UK. After doing some research, I've noticed there are two models, the FCC model (MT1SS5) and the CE model (MT1SD25). When buying products, I like to get the most for my money, therefore I am interested in buying the FCC model and using the GPS hack to get the best range possible. I was wondering, has anyone been in a similar situation to me, and which one did you eventually buy? Also, does the GPS hack still work? I've heard that an app update patched the GPS hack, although downgrading the app shouldn't be a problem as I have a jailbroken iPhone. Finally, does the FCC model always perform better than the CE model, no matter the environment, for example, in an urban area? Thanks!

Where would you be getting the FCC unit from ?
Bear in mind the DJI warranty is country specific, so you might have to send the MM back to the country of origin for a warranty claim

Where would you be getting the FCC unit from ?
Bear in mind the DJI warranty is country specific, so you might have to send the MM back to the country of origin for a warranty claim
I’ve seen it being sold online from China which would be the FCC version. I’m not really bothered about warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada