DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decode the mystery of SD cards

I've used this card(s) in my Spark and MA2 with zero problems.

Screenshot_20220714-153459_Chrome.jpg

I edited the title to better reflect the topic of this thread ‘smart chips’ is now ‘SD cards’.
If anybody knows, it's you. What Smart Card configuration do you use. My question is based around the jittery video and the way the sharpness of panning doesn't come through on the replay, wheather I'm using media player, vlc, or other players. I shoot in cinima mode, had been using various dji drones. Same result. Thanks

Not clear on the issue.
Is the vided recorded in jittery mode on the card in the drone? If so exactly what are the specs for the card you are using? What are details for the recording? 30, 60 fps or something else. Picture resolution: 4K or something else?
Is the problem when playing the video? If so, where is the file video source when playing? Hard disk or SD card?

Reactions: andrew reeves
Just wondering what specs in a micro memory chip is best for the Mini 2.
128gb, v60, uhs I or uhs II?
I use sandisk extreme pro cards in both the drone and my 4K cameras without any problems.
Although I use superfast UHS II cards in my DSLR's, there's no point getting them for your drone as they can only read the single set of contacts as found on UHS I cards

First, thanks for helping me tackle this problem. This issue for me has been since my first DJI drone in 2016. Maybe I expect too much from the drone.

I judged my videos against what I'd seen from other pilots that posted videos of nice smooth pans of landscape or geography that are clear and sharp. Not skippy, jittery, or lack of better words amateurish.

So, answering your concerns:
1. The recordings are always populated on the card in the drone. Transfered by removing the card and inserting it my desktops input slot, then looking at the .mov on the screen using VLC or Media player. I have tried other players but same result.

A. Used various Micro SD cards, 64-128 memory, UHS I, speed class 3 or lower. Now I'm using what came with the Mini 2 drone: Sandisk Extreme, 64, A2, V30. Same problem.
2. 30 fps using 4k or 1080p
3. So when seeing the video through the Andriod S22 Ultra or the Apple mini 4 tablet there are no problems other than filter issues. Again the issue playback back through my MacPro-2017 2017 or my desktop.
4. and 5. I always transfer from the card to a SSD or plater hard drive.
Thanks again.

When the videos play OK using Android S22 Ultra or Apple tablet and they playing from an SD card in the device? Are they playing full scale videos or are they downgraded to less than 4K?
I have an older Toshiba laptop playing videos from USB HDD and have no problems with 1080p with your mentioned apps. However, 4K videos are a playback issue with all of the mentioned apps EXCEPT Movies & TV. It seems Movies & TV has less overhead requirements for decoding.
Videos at 60fps, even 1080p, have problems with the apps except Movies and TV.
With editing I found that if I encoded a 4K video at 80% compression it would play on VLC.
I suggest it's a problem with your hardware and/or software. You might try some experiments to video at lower resolution just to try to find the problem location.
Obviously the video files are too large for you to share with someone else to help find the problem.

I use sandisk extreme pro cards in both the drone and my 4K cameras without any problems.
Although I use superfast UHS II cards in my DSLR's, there's no point getting them for your drone as they can only read the single set of contacts as found on UHS I cards
Great info. I'll be returning the Amazon chip with the duel contacts. Thought that was overkill. Curious about the speed. Read/write speed in milliseconds. What are you're go-to? Any video settings you could recommend, too.

I suggest it's a problem with your hardware and/or software. You might try some experiments to video at lower resolution just to try to find the problem location.
I agree, having the same problem watching 4k vids on my non-high end PC.

As for the mention above of read/write speeds of cards, its only the 'Write speed' that really counts.
If the write speed is slow it will cause the video to drop frames, so a 5 second clip recorded at 25fps might only capture say 120 frames.
The cards 'Read' speed basically just governs the time it takes to transfer the video across to the PC in the first place - not really important.

I agree, having the same problem watching 4k vids on my non-high end PC.

As for the mention above of read/write speeds of cards, its only the 'Write speed' that really counts.
If the write speed is slow it will cause the video to drop frames, so a 5 second clip recorded at 25fps might only capture say 120 frames.
The cards 'Read' speed basically just governs the time it takes to transfer the video across to the PC in the first place - not really important.
Appreciate it.

When I got my Mini 2 and recorded 1080 video playing on the computer was fine. When I recorded in 2.7K or 4K the videos broke up and/or pixelated. The fix was a new video card for the computer.

There are 4K capable cards on Amazon for ~$140 with 2GB video ram. You do not need a high dollar gaming card. New card works well and the videos are all good including the 4K. My only mistake was the new card had DP connectors. I didn't know the difference in this and HDMI. Had to buy a cable with DP on the computer end and HDMI for the monitor.

Guess i should keep up with the changes to all of these things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143