Decrypt any DJI flight log with Flight Reader

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Since the release of DJI Fly 1.2.2 and 3rd party applications using DJI SDK 2.4.13, DJI's flight logs are being protected by an encryption scheme that hasn't been shared with most of the developers who created DJI log viewers. That caused most of the commonly used log viewers (like my free online log viewer) to be rendered useless for newer DJI apps and the last several consumer drones released by DJI.

A recent partnership with DJI allowed me access to the DJI API — which several other partners (like Airdata) are using today to decrypt the new flight log format. After a few months of development and testing, I'm happy to announce Flight Reader (my offline log viewer) is now able to process flight logs created by any version of DJI GO, DJI Fly, or other apps using the DJI SDK.

Never heard of Flight Reader? Here are some of its benefits:
  • No monthly fee
  • Privately process & store your flight logs offline
  • View an unlimited number of flight logs
  • Customize the logs & reports to best meet your needs
See more details about Flight Reader here.

1625668731072.png

1625668763532.png

TLDR: You can use Flight Reader to process and view your encrypted TXT flight logs offline.

Looks good but, sadly, well out of my price range as a recreational flyer.

Yeah, it's not a good fit for everyone. I'll have an update out for my free online flight log viewer soon too.

I haven't compared the output against Airdata. If you post a sample TXT log here, I can process it in Flight Reader and post the resulting files here.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-04-15_[19-44-44].zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Here's a zip of generated files for this flight log:
Okay thanks - that's most of the important fields, and many more than AirData provides.

Presumably those of us who do log forensics on this site and elsewhere would have to buy the $279 unlimited aircraft option - is that correct?

Presumably those of us who do log forensics on this site and elsewhere would have to buy the $279 unlimited aircraft option - is that correct?
Correct. However, if you're not processing more than 10 logs a days, you will be able to get a similar CSV output from my free online log viewer (likely sometime tomorrow).

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Correct. However, if you're not processing more than 10 logs a days, you will be able to get a similar CSV output from my free online log viewer (likely sometime tomorrow).
Fair enough. I'd be happy to buy one of the paid versions - it's just less attractive to have to shell out for the full unlimited option just to be able to help others.

Fair enough. I'd be happy to buy one of the paid versions - it's just less attractive to have to shell out for the full unlimited option just to be able to help others.
Well, I've never had to use your services but would be glad to chip in if someone wanted to set up one of those payment thingies (Venmo, or whatever) the kids are using these days since you provide a valuable resource.

Reactions: DonF01
Since the release of DJI Fly 1.2.2 and 3rd party applications using DJI SDK 2.4.13, DJI's flight logs are being protected by an encryption scheme that hasn't been shared with most of the developers who created DJI log viewers. That caused most of the commonly used log viewers (like my free online log viewer) to be rendered useless for newer DJI apps and the last several consumer drones released by DJI.

A recent partnership with DJI allowed me access to the DJI API — which several other partners (like Airdata) are using today to decrypt the new flight log format. After a few months of development and testing, I'm happy to announce Flight Reader (my offline log viewer) is now able to process flight logs created by any version of DJI GO, DJI Fly, or other apps using the DJI SDK.

Never heard of Flight Reader? Here are some of its benefits:
  • No monthly fee
  • Privately process & store your flight logs offline
  • View an unlimited number of flight logs
  • Customize the logs & reports to best meet your needs
See more details about Flight Reader here.

View attachment 131630

View attachment 131631

TLDR: You can use Flight Reader to process and view your encrypted TXT flight logs offline.
Of course you have a MacOS version too!

Of course you have a MacOS version too!
Unfortunately, I don't. However, it is possible to run Windows apps on a Mac. I haven't tried using Flight Reader on a Mac myself.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.2.28 includes the following changes:
  • Added missing model names for the Matrice 210 RTK V2 and MG-1P drones

• Updated times to display two hundredths of a second
See the release notes on the Flight Reader download page for a complete list of changes.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.2.30 includes the following changes:
  • Added a new feature that allows flight logs to be processed via the command line and (optionally) copy the output to any location
See the release notes on the Flight Reader download page for a complete list of changes.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.2.31 includes the following changes:
  • Added incomplete records that sometimes appear at the end of DJI TXT flight logs. While these records are often missing key data, the data they expose could be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.3.1 includes the following changes:
  • Added a “Photos” column to the main window to show the embedded snapshot images available within many DJI TXT flight logs. The full size snapshot images are available in the log folder Flight Reader generates when processing a flight log.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.3.3 includes the following changes:
  • The battery data could not be decrypted in some flight logs. That failure was causing Flight Reader to generate empty log and KML files.

• Resolved an issue that sometimes caused the max speed to display as infinite.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.3.11 includes the following changes:
  • Added "RC.downlinkSignal" and "RC.uplinkSignal" for Litchi flight logs.

• Correctly converted the "BATTERY.current [A]" value for Litchi flight logs.

• Made changes to allow Litchi and other CSV flight logs to be properly loaded when running Flight Reader in a location outside of the US.

A new version of Flight Reader is available. Release 1.3.14 includes the following changes:
  • Added support for processing Mini 3 Pro flight logs.

• Added ability to process Drone Harmony CSV flight logs.

• Allow logs to be opened by right clicking and choosing “Open With” → “Flight Reader”.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007