DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dedicated iPhone 5s for Mavic Pro Controller?

Spud

Reactions
I have decided to place an order for a Mavic Pro drone. :) However, I don't own either a tablet, or a smart cellular phone. I have always used a basic cell phone, and I don't want to switch. ;) Therefore, I am considering buying an iPhone 5s, and dedicating this phone for my Mavic Pro controller. I do not plan to connect to a cell phone network.

Will this phone work well with DJI Go and Litchi? Do I need to get an unlocked, or prepaid telephone? I am new to both drones and smart cell phones, so I would appreciate any advice you might offer.

I would waste the money on a 5S at this time, get something with a faster CUP, in other wards, something newer. My 6 works fine now, but feel it will start having problems in a year or so. My Mini 4 should be ok for a while long. Hopefully.

I just got the S8+ as a dedicated controller. When you look at specifications for the display performance in the sun as compared to other phones and its projected lifespan against technology advancement I think it will be a long time before I will have to upgrade.

Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen. I think I can get a used/refurbished iPad Mini 4 for approximately $250 USD. I believe I need to get an iPad unit with cellular service. Is that correct? Alternatively, I can get a used/refurbished iPhone 5s with 16GB of memory, and upgrade to an iPad Mini 4 at a later date.

I just got the S8+ as a dedicated controller. When you look at specifications for the display performance in the sun as compared to other phones and its projected lifespan against technology advancement I think it will be a long time before I will have to upgrade.

If I decide to use a cell phone as a dedicated unit for the controller, do I need to worry if the phone is unlocked, et cetera?

If I decide to use a cell phone as a dedicated unit for the controller, do I need to worry if the phone is unlocked, et cetera?

No....... unless you intend to use it as a phone in the future. I got mine unlocked because I was undecided about that and it might help with future resale/trade-in. To do anything else I just plug it into my PC or use my home WiFi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair