DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defective motor

naor223

Reactions
Hey there, i need some help.
I bought my Mavic about week and a half ago, never crashed it or something.
Today i noticed that 1 of the motors is higher then the other ones which makes it look like a manufacturing negligence, also when im trying to rotate it using my hand it feels a little bit harder then the other one.
In the photos below you can see that the motor is higher then the other ones, and also you can see that the prop on the defective motor is sitting a little bit higher then the other props.
I must say that the drone is flying perfectly, its not affecting the quality of the flight.
But i am really scared beacuse of this, should i stop using the drone until checking this?
Is anyone experienced this problem?
*The defective motor is on the left side of the pics*
4f001665b5edd53eb21532d2a1d80d37.jpg
cc86dbc429fdeddd60b98a85e29344e1.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely not right. The motor shaft should be flush with the top of the prop hub and the motor housing should not be elevated like it is. After a flight, does that motor feel hotter than the others? I suggest you contact the place where you bought it and ask to exchange it.

@Thunderdrones might know if you can DIY a repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
The shaft have a lock in the bottom. It looks like it gets out. You have to be careful because it's a magnetic field so there will be no problem but if it make more force it will get out.
In my opinion if you can open it by yourself you might look inside maybe there is the lock and you can put it again with a pair of tweezers.
DONT FLY is motor gets out you loose your drone.
My opinion, try to look inside or take it to service.

cbfb353b709f501e626ccaae950febdb.jpg

669c6a0e53f8c8c2e45074ccaa442e79.jpg

It's a very easy step.
Sooner or later you will loose it

Do a check
[emoji1365][emoji41]

Yeah, that's definitely not right. The motor shaft should be flush with the top of the prop hub and the motor housing should not be elevated like it is. After a flight, does that motor feel hotter than the others? I suggest you contact the place where you bought it and ask to exchange it.

@Thunderdrones might know if you can DYI a repair.

I agree. You shouldnt be able to see the bottom of the coils like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl