DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Definitely new

smalltime

Reactions
So new, I have a Mini, but haven't even flown it yet! And it is my first drone or first experience with a drone.

I have been more immersed in photography recently and want to see what a drone adds.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum. We were all in your shoes at one time. I too was primarily a long term photographer who took the dive and purchased a Mavic Pro on an impulse at Costco. I have never regretted that decision and eventually bought the MP2.
My guidance: read the manual from cover to cover with the drone in front of you. Turn it on and your controller / phone and come to understand the screen and symbols. Explore the menus for settings as you read. Yes this will take time and you will need to recharge the battery. This would be a cockpit orientation in a new aircraft. Repeat all the above!
The take the bird with a fully charged battery to a wide open field without trees or overhead cables.
launch in beginner mode and forget photography and just learn to fly! Use one stick at a time and begin to coordinate your hand eye movements. The photography comes AFTER learning to fly! Land and
Reread the manual with a new comprehension because of your recent flight experience.
I don’t mean to preach but a careful, diligent self training with reassessment will make you a better pilot. Too many new pilots here rush to get airborne and shoot instant pictures and video.
I guess I was preaching or teaching. Welcome to a wonderful hobby and community. Just do it the right way. Thanks for your indulgence.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland smalltime.

You're going to love the new camera angles with the Mini.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks for the responses and support. Fortuately, I have a farm with plenty of space to learn flight ops. This where I will use it the most as well, this is a family farm that I have been around all my life and never get tired of taking photos there.

Thanks for the responses and support. Fortuately, I have a farm with plenty of space to learn flight ops. This where I will use it the most as well, this is a family farm that I have been around all my life and never get tired of taking photos there.

Hang on to the family farm.

What used to be farmland in my area is now housing developments and commercial businesses.

:(

I would like to, but it won't work that way. It was originally my great-grandparents and was left to my Uncle; my Mom was born and raised on the farm. He recently became partially disabled and I have taken over doing most of the work on the farm, very happily. He is leaving it to his son, my cousin. While my Uncle would like to see it remain in the family, he is convinced my cousin will sell it. For now, I am happy to still be around and working on the farm. Not big, 140 acres. I also deer hunt it. It is all about taking care of the family farm, spending time in my happy place and not worrying about things I can't control.

Reactions: MA2 317
I'm a fairly new Mavic Mini pilot although I have previous experience in 'cheap' drones and fixed wing RC
So far I'm delighted with the quality of the photos and videos that I have recorded. Getting a birds eye view of your property is very satisfying.
I know that the higher cost drones have better capabilities in areas of photography but you can learn a LOT from flying a Mini for a year.
Then you can decide whether to drop nearly a Grand on something more sophisticated.
But I'm having a ball learning to be a better pilot on the Mini and it's surprisingly stable and easy to fly.
The advice from other contributors is sound....
I hope that you enjoy your flights as much as I do.

Reactions: Thomas B and KurtpH
If you search on here, you will find many instances of pilots mentioning that they have crashed. Some of those are genuine pilot error, but others seem to clearly be issues with our drones. DJI Care Refresh seems to be the way to go. Or State Farm. Opinions seem to be divided. But if you let a few days go by, or register your drone, you will have to get proof of everything working well to DJI. A conversation with DJI SUPPORT on Messenger got me this info: follow instructions at DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Air) and upload to https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload and the use of a recording program which records every step which is happening on your phone prevents having to use a second phone to film the first, which they actually recommended. I downloaded Go Record as you see in the lower left of my photo, and this has worked fine. Best wishes!

Attachments

• 5E38F3E1-955E-430C-BE33-37F35284F3D0.jpeg
    5E38F3E1-955E-430C-BE33-37F35284F3D0.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s