DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting files before selling

Horsefly

Reactions
I am about to sell my Zoom and original smart controller as they are being replace by the M3T. What files do I need to delete to remove flight logs (these are all on my own property). Also, can I save these logs and look at them on the computer? Thanks!

Your flights are tied to your account and your device used for flying. If you're selling it, the only thing you need to do is to make sure your "fly-away" coverage (if applicable) is unbound from your drone so the buyer can use it. I don't think you even need to log out of your DJI account since that is tied to your device and not the drone.

Thanks for the response. Part of the sale will be the device, in this instance the smart controller. There are definitely files on there I need to delete as well as wiping and removing the sandisks.

With better searching parameters on here I have learned that I can buy a program to view the old files after saving to my computer. Flight Reader

I mainly want to know if there are any files that I shouldn't delete to prevent bricking either the controller or aircraft. Basically I want to set the system up as if it were ready for a new user with no data and have it ready to demonstrate for sale in a public location.

ETA, Looks like these would be a start:
  • DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
  • DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord (for older versions of DJI Fly)
  • Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\Flies

Thanks for the response. Part of the sale will be the device, in this instance the smart controller. There are definitely files on there I need to delete as well as wiping and removing the sandisks.

With better searching parameters on here I have learned that I can buy a program to view the old files after saving to my computer. Flight Reader

I mainly want to know if there are any files that I shouldn't delete to prevent bricking either the controller or aircraft. Basically I want to set the system up as if it were ready for a new user with no data and have it ready to demonstrate for sale in a public location.

ETA, Looks like these would be a start:
  • DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
  • DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord (for older versions of DJI Fly)
  • Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\Flies
Maybe a factory reset?

Good point! Looks like it is in settings on the SC. I will try that and see how well the info is removed. I will post on here how well it works. Thanks.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo