DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting iPhone storage for DJI Go 4

Rwcarr3

Reactions
I was just reviewing storage usage on my iPhone and was shocked to see that DJI GO 4 was using 9 GB. I assume that it has been saving past flight video. I went into Editor and found some videos; I deleted all I could find. I also went into Flight Records and deleted all those. Now I can't find any old data in the app. But Settings still showed GO 4 using 9 GB. I tried rebooting the phone but that didn't help.

I could delete GO 4 and that should delete all the data, but then I'd have to download and set it up again.

How do I delete all the data that GO 4 is using????

Ooops, just found it. Click Album under Editor and there are the videos. Select one and hit the trashcan icon...

I was just reviewing storage usage on my iPhone and was shocked to see that DJI GO 4 was using 9 GB. I assume that it has been saving past flight video. I went into Editor and found some videos; I deleted all I could find. I also went into Flight Records and deleted all those. Now I can't find any old data in the app. But Settings still showed GO 4 using 9 GB. I tried rebooting the phone but that didn't help.

I could delete GO 4 and that should delete all the data, but then I'd have to download and set it up again.

How do I delete all the data that GO 4 is using????
DJI Go home page select “me” at bottom right B38E9B27-5E2F-4D94-932D-D33D46BC9FF5.jpeg

Then select setting gear ⚙️
DBF40633-46FF-476C-B4B0-0BA7FBAF29E3.jpeg

Clear Cache
D2040509-D7D0-41EC-A13B-55E0DA6CF386.jpeg
Clear out the caches you want to ckear
EB075884-DBFD-489E-9F3F-CCE4B0ADD5B8.png

I have a related question. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. I too need to free some storage on my iPhone. I never use the flight records, so I am thinking of deleting also those in the app. I am assuming that in the unlikely event that in the future I wanted to recover a flight record that I deleted, I could always get it off the aircraft. Is that correct, or would I lose the record forever by deleting it from the app? It is extremely unlikely I would need a flight record back, but it would be comforting to know that there would be a way to recover it. Said another way: other than in the app, are flight records in some other place, and would that be in the aircraft itself?

I believe if it isn't on DJI server because you didn't sync them, and you delete the only copy from your phone, it's gone for good. That's for the txt logs. I don't believe the DAT logs are uploaded anywhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake