DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting photo and video files from SD card and internal storage

MSMUSN

Reactions
When attempting to remove photo and video files from both the SD card (removed from drone and plugged into MAC) and from the drone's internal storage (connected via USB cable to MAC) the files are moved into a trash folder on the respective storage and when I attempt to move these files to trash (delete) I get the following warning "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)." and the files can not be moved/deleted. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.5. Suggestions?? Thanks

When attempting to remove photo and video files from both the SD card (removed from drone and plugged into MAC) and from the drone's internal storage (connected via USB cable to MAC) the files are moved into a trash folder on the respective storage and when I attempt to move these files to trash (delete) I get the following warning "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)." and the files can not be moved/deleted. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.5. Suggestions?? Thanks
Use the Format command (either in your computer or in the drone) to wipe the SD card clean.

Yes, format. Even if you didn't get the error, it's not a good idea to clean off SD cards by just deleting the files. At the very least, it can be bad for the file system on the card, affecting read/write performance.

The downside: formatting the card in your aircraft will wipe out the volume label. That's a bummer if you like to keep the labels. I have a feature request in to DJI to stop doing that (there's really no reason for them to do that -- they can format the card without).

If you format the card in your computer, at least in Windows, you will not lose the volume label. Some people say to always format your cards in the craft, but in this case, DJI is using a common FAT file system.

Chris

I just use an SD card reader that connects to my USB PORT IN the back of my Mac!
I just transfer them from the card reader to the External Hard drive that has 2 TB's that I have set up for all of my drone videos and drone photos.

I just use an SD card reader that connects to my USB PORT IN the back of my Mac!
I just transfer them from the card reader to the External Hard drive that has 2 TB's that I have set up for all of my drone videos and drone photos.

... and then? How do you clean off the card before putting it back in the AC and using it again?

Reactions: FLPilotshark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom