DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting unwanted "flight data" records

rod goslin

Reactions
I think that this is a subject for the 'General' classifications. Looking at the flight data records , on the phone/tablet, there are a fairly large number of entries of flights that were never run, or were of very short duration, for various reasons. These clutter the successful records, which obviously I want to retain. Is there any (easy) way of deleting these unwanted entries? The records I'm referring to are those available on clicking the flight icon on the the left hand side of the display when bringing up the ap. It seems, to me, to be a fairly obvious need, and my apologies if this is a previously discussed and sorted issue.

I’m assuming that you want to delete the files on the drone itself, not what is stored in the GoApp?
As far as know, there is no way to delete the data from the drone itself, I think that the flight logs are stored in a read only access card in flight controller. As far as I know only DJI can do that, they will however overwrite as memory depletes. It used to be possible to delete them on the older drones but DJI changed the access to them to be read only, most likely so users could not delete and then claim warranty for repairs that was caused by pilot errors.

I’m not 100% sure about this.

Last edited:
On the flight record list, just slide the record to the left and select the trash can icon.
Repeat as needed.

Reactions: TrisMavic
AFAIK, these are held on the DJI Go 4 app. if I open the app, unconnected to anything else. After the intro page, what may come up next is the page with 'Enter Device' bottom right. to the bottom left is a flight icon , with, now, the word 'Disconnected' below it. tapping this brings up the 'flight data'. Thsi seems to be an entirely app dependent listing, again AFAIK, since using a different phone/tablet to run DJI Go 4, there are different listings. I've had a fair amount of problems with the app disconnecting during a flight, and I've been swapping in and out various devices to try to isolate the reason. There has been a considerable amount of correspondence on this problem on another thread. So far, I've tried two phones, two Galaxy tabs and two Asus ditto, and only the Asus group have an unblemished record. Yesterday afternoon, an otherwise unblemished run came to an end when the app On a Nokia8) spontaneously disconnected. I wouldn't have minded quite as much had the mavic not been flying over (very) dense woodland, although only about 100 metres away. Fortunately RTH brought it back to a perfect landing on one of those hoop style landing pads. Oddly, the two galaxy tabs, I bought for a Phantom 3 adv, with which they served perfectly, at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest