DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Demonstration of MA2 focus tracking

Steve F

Reactions
Site
www.stephenfischerphotography.com
Posted below you will find a short video clip demonstrating the use of the MA2 focus tracking capability in POI mode.
I am impressed with how easy it is to use this capability. You can select the speed of the orbit, and control the height and distance as it proceeds. From the video you can see this was handy as a way to avoid colliding with some of the adjacent trees when going in low during part of the orbit.

Last edited:
wow cool what was your settings?

Reactions: mrjohnc1
wow cool what was your settings?
I just realized I misstated one key setting. I used POI mode, not Spotlight.

To do this type of capture, one just needs to setup the initial position of the drone and composition to your liking. Then draw a box on the screen around the tree. The Fly App will then pop up 3 options:
1. Active Track.
2. Spot light.
3. POI
You then tap on POI and a circular arrow will pop up that you can then adjust your position to define the speed of the orbit and whether it will be clockwise or counterclockwise. Then tap "Go" to start the flight. As the drone orbits you can adjust its height and distance.
All of this is in the manual.

I prefer "Spotlight" mode so that I can freelance the flight path without having to worry about losing the subject. Focus Track does not require the targeted subject to always be visible and you can adjust framing with the gimbal wheel.

Interesting, haven't played around with those settings much; still anxious and learning. Your video is helpful, thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots