DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desending below home take off.

Hark

Reactions
When I get close to take off alt. it goes into landing mode. I usually fly 30 to 50 feet below take off. I have to hold the stop landing mode button and descend at the same time. When I do manage to get below take off altitude I can fly there till I go back above it. It has just started this about a couple weeks ago.

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

What model of DJI craft?
Have landing protection on?
Have VPS sensors on?

Usually DJI drones activate the autolanding when it sense ground beneath closer than 0,5m & you hold the throttle down for more than 3sec.

welcome to the forum ,it should not go into landing mode if you fly out over a drop and then descend
as @slup said we need more info to be able to help you with your question

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Hark.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

When I get close to take off alt. it goes into landing mode. I usually fly 30 to 50 feet below take off. I have to hold the stop landing mode button and descend at the same time. When I do manage to get below take off altitude I can fly there till I go back above it. It has just started this about a couple weeks ago.
As usual more information and recorded flight data is required to work out what's going on.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum!! I have an MA2 and it does the same... sometimes, and sometimes not, not sure as to why. The first time I was over my pond and when it said LANDING I almost had a heart attack!! Just pushed the left joystick up and all was well... scary.

Flown in several gorges / valleys that were well below - a good 200-500 feet - below take-off AGL with no such activation.

If you take-off in an area that the drone cannot connect to enough satellites, it will not set a RTH spot until it does make contact with the satellites. I encounter that a lot when droning waterfalls in Western NC / N. GA / and Upstate SC - due to trees / obstacles / or sitting in a valley. The drone will not go above the 98 foot level, so I take it there and it can usually make a connection and then sets RTH at that spot - which can be quite far from where I took off. You simply have to be aware of what is going on with the drone at take-off and if it does not set an RTH fairly quickly and the satellite icon in upper right corner of your screen is red - then there is not a good connection.

As everyone prior has stated - more info is needed to figure it out. What FlyApp version do you have, drone model, and what is the firmware version for the drone?

It's strange that the person having this problem has not responded to any of your questions. What aircraft? what app? etc. All I know is, none of my mavics do that (M2P,M2Z,MA2,MavMini). All my firmware is up to date. I fly off bridges often and then fly below my take off point. The drone acts perfectly normal, giving me a negative altitude reading. It only attempts landing if it senses the ground below it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom