DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desert Sink Hole

Very nice!...glad to see you all had some shade out there too! I live in northern Peoria (just southeast of Lake Pleasant) and its 112 degrees right now so an umbrella is a great touch. Cool sink hole...where’s that at?

Reactions: MALJ and Spikey0321
Thanks, yeah it’s been 117 here today, the brolly was an essential accessory, a ginger is not in their natural habitat in the desert LOL ?.
The sinkhole is on a trail just outside Littlefield.
It was a great point of interest for a desert flight.

Sorry guys I don't like it at all
No smooth image transition nor directional changes, sometimes shaky. Beginner's technique
The views of the desert from high bring nothing
Sink hole, yes but...why didn't you go inside with the drone?? especially since it was a large one's
This is what the spectator is waiting for.

Reactions: jimlips
Sorry guys I don't like it at all
No smooth image transition nor directional changes, sometimes shaky. Beginner's technique
The views of the desert from high bring nothing
Sink hole, yes but...why didn't you go inside with the drone?? especially since it was a large one's
This is what the spectator is waiting for.

Yep, fair comment, sorry you didn’t enjoy it as much as the others,

It looks like beginners technique because I’m still a beginner ? I’m still learning what the birds capable of and it’s only my third drone video on YouTube.
Hopefully things will get smoother with practice.
I had intended to fly longer and have more options for post production but after about 5-6 minutes of flight this big *** eagle turned up to see what was on his patch so I took a hasty retreat as you can see on the return to the pickup.

Nice feature to video. Thanks for braving the heat.

What Pascal should have said in the way of suggestion would be to suggest you try a similar video with your EXP settings much lower to smooth things out. We have all suffered from the over-response of DJI drones in the default setting.

As for dropping into the sinkhole, if you try this you need to pay attention to the strength of you satellite signals since such a depression can shadow your signal and cause a loss of satellite lock. You need to be ready to take full control of you drone if this happens.

Nice feature to video. Thanks for braving the heat.

What Pascal should have said in the way of suggestion would be to suggest you try a similar video with your EXP settings much lower to smooth things out. We have all suffered from the over-response of DJI drones in the default setting.

As for dropping into the sinkhole, if you try this you need to pay attention to the strength of you satellite signals since such a depression can shadow your signal and cause a loss of satellite lock. You need to be ready to take full control of you drone if this happens.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll take a look at my current settings and do some research, it does seem to turn very quickly with very little stick input.
I’ll leave the flight down the hole to braver pilots, the hole isn’t vertical so there’s actually not much room for error if you were to try flying down it. Also I don’t think I’d get down and back up if the worst happened and I needed to retrieve.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll take a look at my current settings and do some research, it does seem to turn very quickly with very little stick input.
I’ll leave the flight down the hole to braver pilots, the hole isn’t vertical so there’s actually not much room for error if you were to try flying down it. Also I don’t think I’d get down and back up if the worst happened and I needed to retrieve.
Ed Ricker has a great video on good settings (and how-to) to smooth the herky-jerkyness of the Yaw and other commands here: Best Sensitivity Settings - ED RICKER

Reactions: Thoraldus
Ed Ricker has a great video on good settings (and how-to) to smooth the herky-jerkyness of the Yaw and other commands here: Best Sensitivity Settings - ED RICKER

Thanks that looks like a great guide,

I’d already changed some of the gimbal settings but left these alone as I didn’t really understand what they did. Hopefully I can smooth out some of those jerky rotations for future flights.

[emoji1303][emoji16]

Reactions: Thoraldus
Very nice!...glad to see you all had some shade out there too! I live in northern Peoria (just southeast of Lake Pleasant) and its 112 degrees right now so an umbrella is a great touch. Cool sink hole...where’s that at?

It's at 36°58'23.1"N 113°52'23.9"W - Only 8 hour drive from me in SE Idaho. Maybe take a trip down there when it's a wee bit cooler. ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada