DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Determining MA1 battery health/cycles without MA1 itself?

RupertPupkin

Reactions
Sadly lost my MA1 to a tree (happily had State Farm and upgraded to a MA2 with the insurance reimbursement). I have a handful of MA1 batteries I’d like to pass along to someone who’ll be able to use them (as well as a Smatree portable charging station), but want to provide some sense of battery health and/or cycle count so the next owner knows what shape each battery is in.

I know it’s possible to get this info through the app when connected to the copter, but wondering if there’s any way to get it without having a MA1 to put the batteries into? I have the flight logs as they were saved in DJI Go 4, but haven’t been able to determine whether there’s a way to export those to get battery health or cycle count.

Thanks in advance for any help here!

Hmmm, don't think this is possible, maybe just testing battery(ies) SOC voltage when fully charged (multimeter) is about it.

Possibly Airdata can provide some info if you made an account and upload your logs automatically ?

Maybe post your location more specifically, and perhaps another MA owner near you can allow you to meet up and test in their drone ??

It's possible such a local MA owner might value the batteries and charger themselves now they are no longer made.

Reactions: RupertPupkin
A txt flight log should have recorded the battery's serial number and its charge count.
For instructions on how to retrieve the log have a look at

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

www.phantomhelp.com

www.phantomhelp.com
or
Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
they should work.

Then go to CsvView
CsvView Downloads
and download CsvView.
Instal the program and then use it to open a txt flightlog.
In the CsvView window click on "file" in the upper left corner of the CsvView window and then click on "export csv". Open the csv with a spreadshhet program.
The csv is wide, so you may need a 'modernish' spreadsheet program to see them all. My 'old' MS works didn't.
It is likely that
The battery serial number will be in either or both columns 238 / ID "RECOVER.batterySn" and 266 /JF "DETAILS.batterySn".
The charge count in column 111 / DG "CENTER_BATTERY.loopNum" and
the production date in column 121 / DQ "CENTER_BATTERY.productDate".

Each log will store the info about the battery in the drone at that time so you will need to find 1 log for each battery.

If the charge count looks ridiculously large see if you can spot a pattern in the way the numbers increase e.g. Mavic Mini charge counts increment by 256

Last edited by a moderator:
Airdata is the way I keep count of cycles and also all the other important stuff such as temps and cell data. I think you have to go the first level beyond free for the extensive battery information.
I really suggest you look into Airdata for your new drone as well as the one you lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato