DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Go 4 in SC keeps returning to "Go Fly" screen

Dale Rodgers

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
DGI Go 4 in SC keeps returning to "Go Fly" screen (with a picture of a Mavic 2 Pro) many times during flight (seems stable in living room when trying things out). There's no little black box with "DJI Go 4 has stopped working" - it just returns to the "Go Fly" screen. A quick tap on the blue "Go Fly" button takes me straight back into the camera view. I have control with the sticks all the time. I thought about a sticky back button but its a double tap to take you out of the app (and you get a info box after just one which I'm not seeing).

I'm on FW 1.00.0530 with the DJO Go 4 app that comes with it (4.3.16). The FW was updated over WiFi (not with DJI Assistant 2.0.8)

I've only had the controller a few days. I've installed no other third party apps on it.

I've removed an SD card I put in there and also disabled local caching - doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've turned off WiFi and Bluetooth - no joy. I've got about 8Gb storage space left.

Any ideas? I'll try refreshing the same FW over DJI Assistant 2.0.8.

Thanks!

Reactions: RogerMav
DGI Go 4 in SC keeps returning to "Go Fly" screen (with a picture of a Mavic 2 Pro) many times during flight (seems stable in living room when trying things out). There's no little black box with "DJI Go 4 has stopped working" - it just returns to the "Go Fly" screen. A quick tap on the blue "Go Fly" button takes me straight back into the camera view. I have control with the sticks all the time. I thought about a sticky back button but its a double tap to take you out of the app (and you get a info box after just one which I'm not seeing).

I'm on FW 1.00.0530 with the DJO Go 4 app that comes with it (4.3.16). The FW was updated over WiFi (not with DJI Assistant 2.0.8)

I've only had the controller a few days. I've installed no other third party apps on it.

I've removed an SD card I put in there and also disabled local caching - doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've turned off WiFi and Bluetooth - no joy. I've got about 8Gb storage space left.

Thanks!
I had the very same problem with the DJI Go 4 app, I carried out a factory reset of the SC. Rebooted it, told it not to use the SD card.

Updated the firmware and have had no issues since.

Thanks!
Make sure that you are not inadvertently hitting the Back Button, next to the Left Control Stick. Test: while in living room, open app and run, now tap/press that Back Button and it will take you out of the FLYing screen and back a step. Maybe when gripping it or moving the stick you accidentally press it.

Make sure that you are not inadvertently hitting the Back Button, next to the Left Control Stick. Test: while in living room, open app and run, now tap/press that Back Button and it will take you out of the FLYing screen and back a step. Maybe when gripping it or moving the stick you accidentally press it.
Ha! I'm not hitting the physical back button but the 'soft' back button (the DJI logo in the top left corner of the camera view of DJI Go 4 app).

I'm a stick pincher rather than thumber and it seems the underside of my left thumb is hitting the icon. I changed my stick style and had no more returns to the "Go Fly" screen (yet1)

Anyone know any ways to desensitize a capacitive touch screen? I tried a piece of tape covering the icon but it still behaves like a touch screen.

TIA

Ha! I'm not hitting the physical back button but the 'soft' back button (the DJI logo in the top left corner of the camera view of DJI Go 4 app).

I'm a stick pincher rather than thumber and it seems the underside of my left thumb is hitting the icon. I changed my stick style and had no more returns to the "Go Fly" screen (yet1)

Anyone know any ways to desensitize a capacitive touch screen? I tried a piece of tape covering the icon but it still behaves like a touch screen.

TIA
Designed and printed these to stop my chubby thumbs keep pressing it. Can upload to thingiverse if anyone interested.

Just held on with double sided tape.IMG_20190714_223353.jpg

Reactions: Rangerider and ff22
Mines an Anet A8 - pretty old by today's standards (18 months). Came as a kit and you have to assemble. Cost £125 back then.

It gets used more than the inkjet printer in the house. Sometimes just a couple of times a month, others it's on all the time. I've fixed all sorts of things with it. PLA filament is cheaper than inkjet cartridge.

Spares are cheap and plentiful (all the Prusa clones are based on the same spares). As bits wear out you print new ones!
What's a reasonable 3-d printer and how much use do you get?

Reactions: ff22
Mines an Anet A8 - pretty old by today's standards (18 months). Came as a kit and you have to assemble. Cost £125 back then.

It gets used more than the inkjet printer in the house. Sometimes just a couple of times a month, others it's on all the time. I've fixed all sorts of things with it. PLA filament is cheaper than inkjet cartridge.

Spares are cheap and plentiful (all the Prusa clones are based on the same spares). As bits wear out you print new ones!
Wow - relatively cheap - amazing.

Designed and printed these to stop my chubby thumbs keep pressing it. Can upload to thingiverse if anyone interested.

Just held on with double sided tape.View attachment 77541
I also need one of these. Will you print one and send it to me? Cost?

Okay, keep me posted if you update the design. I am in the USA.

Okay, keep me posted if you update the design. I am in the USA.
Bit of an update.

I designed fatter versions so you can really rest your thumbs on them without pressing the corner icons but still get to them when you need. My original design was okay but I sometimes still caught the corner icons - hence the new fatter plate versions.

They're on thingiverse:

DJI Smart Controller Screen Corner by dalerodgers

Sorry about the quality of the photos - black on black with a bright screen isn't easy.

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_220502.jpg
    IMG_20190814_220502.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190814_220443.jpg
    IMG_20190814_220443.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Looks good. Tell me how they attach please.

Looks good. Tell me how they attach please.
On that thingiverse link, there's an "Order this printed" link (you might have to create a thingiverse account). I've just tried it (picked the first supplier, specified an infill of 100% and black PLA for material, left all other options alone) and was quoted $10.60 for both corners. This might be a more cost effective way for you to get them rather than me charging you for printing and mailing from the UK to the USA. I make nothing from this (thingiverse is like open source for 3d models, but you can tip the designer).

Or you could try and find a friend with a 3d printer.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I ordered on set as you described. However, I couldn't send you a tip because the order form said you didn't have it set up yet. Delivery time estimated to be 10 days. $5.50 for set up. $5.50 for postage and $0.30 for each L & R side parts. $11.60 total.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I ordered on set as you described. However, I couldn't send you a tip because the order form said you didn't have it set up yet. Delivery time estimated to be 10 days. $5.50 for set up. $5.50 for postage and $0.30 for each L & R side parts. $11.60 total.
Let me know how the print service works out - I've never done it but it might be a cost effective way for small parts across the Atlantic.

I've got plans for a stick and screen protector plate (all in one) that fit around these corner pieces. Watch this space...

Reactions: ff22
Bit of an update.

I designed fatter versions so you can really rest your thumbs on them without pressing the corner icons but still get to them when you need. My original design was okay but I sometimes still caught the corner icons - hence the new fatter plate versions.

They're on thingiverse:

DJI Smart Controller Screen Corner by dalerodgers

Sorry about the quality of the photos - black on black with a bright screen isn't easy.
I could use these.. but every time I try to login into site, it won't work. Is there another solution? I just got my M2P w Smart Controller and this is driving me crazy :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian