DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Diagnostic Help

Brevanskc

Reactions
Recently I have noticed an issue while launching my MPP. At takeoff the props start spinning and the drone shakes/vibrates across the plywood launch pad for a second or two and then the drone lifts and appears to fly normally. I checked the propellers and they are connected tightly and don't seem to be damaged. I have not switched out the props with new ones yet but will tomorrow. I have attached a TXT and DAT file of a takeoff and landing. If these files are the correct files can someone review and analyze the data and determine if it is a prop or electrical issue? Additionally, is it possible to determine which prop or motor might be having the issue?

Attachments

• 2022-02-28_14-40-54_FLY595.DAT
    404.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DJIFlightRecord_2022-02-28_[14-41-06].txt
    53 KB · Views: 6
The vibration makes me ask, are the props opened out to approximately the their flying position or are you starting the motors with the props folded in the storage positions? "Opened out" is better.

Yes I open the props out and should have mentioned that this a recent issue with a couple hundred normal (non issue) flights that preceded the current shaking/vibrating at launch.

Take all the props off.
Twiddle all motors with your fingers, do they feel smooth?
Start the motors with the CSC position, they will idle. Touch the drone, do you feel any significant vibration?
Stop the motors, replace one prop, start the motors with the CSC, touch the drone do you feel any vibration? Stop the motors.
Remove the prop and replace it with another etc.....repeat until all 4 props have been tried. I would do this using the front motors ONLY.
Repeat the above using the rear motors only.

Last edited:
Put on new props and launched twice without issue. Could very well have been the props all along. I had Master Airscrew props on them before and as I mentioned did not notice any issues until recently. I put a pair of original props on now. Will go back to a new pair of Airscrews again later this spring as I do think they are a little less noisy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405