DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you buy a Mavic Pro from Dell with a protection plan?

Cheech Wizard

Reactions
I have a credit line with Dell and when they advertised the Mavic Pro I figured it was a good time to get one without putting out a ton of money. I added the 2 year protection plan (1st time EVER). My first drone wouldn"t activate, so I called Dell and they overnighted me a new one. That surprised me. So, I flew it for a month, then had a crash. I called Dell again and went through about 5 departments, before I was told to call Asurion (Protection plan). They told me I purchased the wrong protection plan. I told them that was not my problem and they needed to work that out with Dell. I was getting nowhere, so I called the DJI repair facility in California and was told to ship the drone to them and they would take care of it. But he didn't know what he was talking about and a week or 2 later they diagnosed it and sent me a $200 invoice to start the work. I called Dell again, and of course was told to call Asurion where I had to ask for a supervisor. He told me they had a problem with the process with Dell and would honor my claim. I had to call DJI and have them send the drone back to me not repaired so I could then send it to Asurion, and they would use their repair facility. They got it back to me fast, but now 11/2 months has gone by. IF YOU BOUGHT A DELL MAVIC PRO WITH EXTENDED WARRANTY: CALL THIS NUMBER FIRST! Asurion:877-806-4172
I had to suffer so hopefully nobody else will. I DID tell Dell and Asurion to get their act together, so the next claims can flow smoothly. The .pdf is the Asurion protection plan. It looks like a good policy. They will fix your drone up to 3 times for the whole cost of the drone before replacing it.

Attachments

• dell-us-Ts-Cs.pdf
    311.6 KB · Views: 7
Just got mine from Dell but bought DJI plan. Might have to get the Dell plan too. It is my first drone....

Just got mine from Dell but bought DJI plan. Might have to get the Dell plan too. It is my first drone....
I'm pretty sure you have to get the extended warranty when you check out... if you had it for awhile, they can't be sure you broke it and then got the plan. DJI would have a flight record, but Dell doesn't deal with them... just the protection plan Co.

You are correct. When the II comes out, I'll be sure to get it with that purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803