DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did You Know About This? | Peak Focus Threshold

Thanks Gadget Inspector,

I’ll try that tomorrow, appreciate you taking the time to share this great feature.

Have a Merry Christmas☃️
Paul

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
My question is.... why would you have it off?

Because it cutters up the screen, can obscure detail and ultimately you don't really need it as infinity focus on a small sensor like the M2 is so sufficiently close that once you've focussed once, you dont need to do it again.

Its also not a new feature - its been in all drones since at least Phantom4/MavicPro and any DJI Go version. Its years old.

My question is.... why would you have it off?
I use it as a tool to make sure everything is in focus when I am not sure. I don't leave it on all the time, but there are times when there's something I really want to capture and I only have one chance to get it, so I'll throw that on just to make sure. And....it's your drone so you can do whatever the heck you want with its features. No big deal.

Reactions: DynoTech
I use it as a tool to make sure everything is in focus when I am not sure.

GI: I would venture a guess that you have 20/20 vision, corrected or not, and that you're a bit younger than many of the folks who frequent these threads. (You know how it goes, the old folks worked and now they have the resources to use on expensive toys where many of the younger crowd, do not. :)

Personally, it's a "comfort factor" for me (and I would guess there are others who feel the same way.) To me, if you keep it on the least intrusive setting, High I believe it is, it's only slightly noticeable and I only have to think about focus when I don't see the red edges. Hey, it works for me and the red doesn't bother me in the slightest. Different strokes as my dear, departed buddy used to say... BTW I'm one of the GI subs..excellent vids.

Plus, it's fairly easy to bump the focus grid in manual mode doing something else and with my mediocre near vision, I could easily miss that I bumped it out of focus. I know the focal length of the lens but, it's not a hard and fast barrier so there are times when you and the camera may think you're in focus but you're just a tad off cuz you bumped it. I have certainly had this happen to me which is why I now use peak focus all the time for the old "comfort factor." :)

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
GI: I would venture a guess that you have 20/20 vision, corrected or not, and that you're a bit younger than many of the folks who frequent these threads. (You know how it goes, the old folks worked and now they have the resources to use on expensive toys where many of the younger crowd, do not. :)

Personally, it's a "comfort factor" for me (and I would guess there are others who feel the same way.) To me, if you keep it on the least intrusive setting, High I believe it is, it's only slightly noticeable and I only have to think about focus when I don't see the red edges. Hey, it works for me and the red doesn't bother me in the slightest. Different strokes as my dear, departed buddy used to say... BTW I'm one of the GI subs..excellent vids.

Plus, it's fairly easy to bump the focus grid in manual mode doing something else and with my mediocre near vision, I could easily miss that I bumped it out of focus. I know the focal length of the lens but, it's not a hard and fast barrier so there are times when you and the camera may think you're in focus but you're just a tad off cuz you bumped it. I have certainly had this happen to me which is why I now use peak focus all the time for the old "comfort factor." :)

Yes sir and that's perfectly fine to use it that way, that's what the features are there for. It's funny how some folks get so upset over nothing and think their way is the only way. Some may leave it on all the time and others not and it is perfectly fine. I have heard from a lot of guys that didn't even know about this feature, so I'm glad to have done the video. The most important thing is to have fun and to be safe while doing it, that's it. And you made a good point about inadvertently changing focus, so it's nice to have that focus peaking on. You're also right about how expensive this hobby can be; it's the main reason I started a YouTube channel to be able to justify these purchases to my wife ;). I'm not getting rich off of it, but it gives me the disposable funds to buy drones. Thank you for your support as well, I definitely appreciate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest