Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you take Part 107 test?

Why did you take the Part 107 test ?

• Total voters

Mavic Mac

Reactions
Why did you take the test ?

Same reason I took the 107 Recurrent test to renew last month...compliance. Relatively easy as I’m already a Part 61 Pilot.

I use the Part 107 in my job to help with looking at electrical/mechanical systems for installation, commissioning, tuning and troubleshooting.

As an added bonus I get to fly places/times recreational flyers cannot.

I own a small construction business and wanted to use my drone to take group photos of our crew for our website. That alone required a 107.

However, I mostly wanted to get the training and certification so I could be as professional as possible, regardless of how I was using the drone. That's just me. If there's a certification for something I'm interested in then I want it LOL.

Knowing how to read sectional charts and all the rest that the 107 test requires is really helpful to me. I feel more connected to the airspace, like I belong!

Reactions: Ranger
Long time professional photographer here. I wasn't interested in drones when I first looked into it, thinking it was going to be too expensive with purchase, insurance, licensing, etc. Looked again last Winter and couldn't resist a flying camera, even if the economics didn't add up. I found the studying and the test to be enjoyable and I think it's important to participate in the world of aviation, history and all. Still not sure if I can make money doing this, but that doesn't matter. I'm really enjoying learning to fly a Spark first and now M2P.

I took the test to augment an existing business.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s