DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you take your Mavic to Turkey last year?

frequentflyer

Reactions
This time last year I posted about taking my mavic to Turkey and didn't.
Now the battery restrictions are lifted, is it still risky to take it if bags are searched while leaving Dalaman Airport, does happen. Could the mavic be confiscated?

@frequentflyer, Have you had any touble during flying at Dalaman? Planning a trip to Fethiye this summer
Flew April and no issues in and out. Some tips though. It is a camera, if asked, camera batteries. No need to mention 'DRONE'. My carry on bags were searched twice during departure , everything removed, it was the batteries they inspected and ignore the drone so back wisely. No props. Keep drone separately to any batteries. They never asked any questions about the drone.
Leaving the UK my bags were inspected so take the drone bag out of your carry on so not to mess everything up. All my stuff was neatly packed too close together so the ex Ray matching couldn't make out what it was. I'm flying again September so will change my packing. Remote can be in your case or carry on

Flew April and no issues in and out. Some tips though. It is a camera, if asked, camera batteries. No need to mention 'DRONE'. My carry on bags were searched twice during departure , everything removed, it was the batteries they inspected and ignore the drone so back wisely. No props. Keep drone separately to any batteries. They never asked any questions about the drone.
Leaving the UK my bags were inspected so take the drone bag out of your carry on so not to mess everything up. All my stuff was neatly packed too close together so the ex Ray matching couldn't make out what it was. I'm flying again September so will change my packing. Remote can be in your case or carry on
Thanks a lot, man for the tips. Were you bags searched when you arrived at Dalaman? I am thinking to put the drone in my check-in luggage and put the batteries in another one.

Thanks a lot, man for the tips. Were you bags searched when you arrived at Dalaman? I am thinking to put the drone in my check-in luggage and put the batteries in another one.
I had one carry on bag with my drone and batteries with remote and props in my hold luggage. at the exit there is a bag checking area and no one was stopped this time. I know my wife got checked last year. But, there is a new terminal now at Dalaman and hear it is a bit of a shambles staff wise and no idea if there is bag checking on exit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0